A rather sick society that we live in today!

Alfisti

Near where I live there is a wildlife rescue centre.We have an injured hedgehog that requires some help.Have tried to contact the rescue centre.Its temporarily closed due to some total aholes shooting at the wildlife in the centres care.I just cannot comprehend how warped some people are.🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 12

9 hours ago, Alfisti said:

Near where I live there is a wildlife rescue centre.We have an injured hedgehog that requires some help.Have tried to contact the rescue centre.Its temporarily closed due to some total aholes shooting at the wildlife in the centres care.I just cannot comprehend how warped some people are.🤬🤬🤬

Reach out to zoo’s and other wildlife centers, they can usually offer up contact lists and ideas. 

• Like 1

We have been in contact with a wild life rescue center in Nuneaton that will tend to the injured hedgehog.🦔🦔🦔🙂

• Like 8

I've sat and looked at your post for some time now. I honestly cannot find in my heart the words to answer it. 

All I can think of is that there are certain "people" in this world that don't deserve to live with the rest of us.

Good luck with the hodgegg. Hope it/she/he recovers.

Regards

Pete

• Like 5

We have had to leave him at the centre for a couple of days so they can assess his injury and treat him accordingly.Through habit,SWMBO left out some hedgepig food last night,lo and behold,we have another hedgepig visitor.🦔🦔🦔🙂

• Like 5

On 7/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, Alfisti said:

I've just seen this, mate. Its always sad to find an innocent creature in trouble and I admire you tenacity in getting help. Like the others above I despise those who think it is fun, or have the warped enough imagination, to harm anyone or anything. Good luck with the little one.

Martin

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I despise people who are cruel to animals as much as I admire those who show kindness.

On the one hand, I'm glad that hedgehogs find the garden worthy of visiting.

On the other hand the dog uses any unsuspecting spikey visitors as footballs ......

Thing is, this could get political rather quickly and along decent lines as well. 

At what point do you understand that nature happens, and as with nature all things die. And that one must balance out the end result + all the misery an animal will undergo to be "cared for and repaired"?

Agreed - but why is it necessary to inflict such suffering for no reason other than that it is possible to do so? It is to be hoped that civilisation has progressed beyond that ...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, masterKamera said:

Thing is, this could get political rather quickly and along decent lines as well. 

At what point do you understand that nature happens, and as with nature all things die. And that one must balance out the end result + all the misery an animal will undergo to be "cared for and repaired"?

I don’t think anyone is disputing the brutality that exists in nature. Everything is trying to eat everything else. That said, much of nature is suffering as a direct result of our actions, and hedgehog populations in the UK are plummeting. We have lost 75% in the past 20 years. Are we not duty bound to help where we can?

The senseless cruelty of shooting into a wildlife hospital is another thing entirely. There are established links between people who mistreat animals, psychopathy and violence towards humans. This is something that needs to be nipped in the bud. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I don’t think anyone is disputing the brutality that exists in nature. Everything is trying to eat everything else. That said, much of nature is suffering as a direct result of our actions, and hedgehog populations in the UK are plummeting. We have lost 75% in the past 20 years. Are we not duty bound to help where we can?

The senseless cruelty of shooting into a wildlife hospital is another thing entirely. There are established links between people who mistreat animals, psychopathy and violence towards humans. This is something that needs to be nipped in the bud. 

there is no actual linkage besides very specific, and very famous cases of "serial killers". 

dwell on this.  the "environmentalists" have no issue with me purchasing "bug fogger" machines that KILL  anything in range, even wee lil birdies, but yet they want to ban fishing because they think the fish will feel pain.

Not trying to be smart, but why do we assume fish can’t feel pain. Whenever I’ve asked, they don’t communicate that well (except dolphins, but, the again, they aren’t fish). Not an ‘environmentalists’ just don’t care much about humans. 

18 hours ago, masterKamera said:

there is no actual linkage besides very specific, and very famous cases of "serial killers". 

dwell on this.  the "environmentalists" have no issue with me purchasing "bug fogger" machines that KILL  anything in range, even wee lil birdies, but yet they want to ban fishing because they think the fish will feel pain.

I don’t think you’d like me.

• Like 1

Trying not to be political, but there seems to be an unsavoury rather loud and visible minority within our society that in recent years feel they've been given carte blanche, by certain leaders actions, to do as they please.  IMO That's why we're seeing rises of instances of such disgusting behaviour such as shooting up an animal rescue centre.

Edited by RobL
  • Like 1

• Mike locked this topic

This topic went wrong rather quickly, and those responsible are on our watch list.  We're a no politics forum, so please bear that in mind when posting, as it could affect your tenure here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4