Frightning pair

Cheers @Paulaero, the coloured decal schematic shows them black, but the stencil placement diagram numbers the white decals. As I'm building both (and have given away one decal sheet) so I don't have spare markings to use 😫 I'll have to live with them on this build.

Should all NMF have black or is it only certain airframes? (I do have more in the stash)

Any thing that was NMF or Grey/Green camo would have black.

The white markings were brought in with the toned down light grey colours  but there was massive variation and in the Lightning's later life there was so much swapping of parts it made for some very interesting combinations such as different coloured rudders panels and canopies.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ratch said:

The FOD guard comes in the kit and the RBF tags are by Astra Decals ASD7221, probably from Hannants (it was a long time ago).

Ooh, that's a nice addition to the kit!  Need to get myself some RBF tags to go with it 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ratch said:

The FOD guard comes in the kit

Ooh yes - I hadn't spotted that. Thinks: 🤔 could use that as a template to cut a copy for when I build my T4/5 later this year...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ratch said:

On the link I can only see 1/48 and 1/32 :banghead:

here's the link to the Eduard store: https://www.eduard.com/Eduard/Photo-etched-parts/Photo-etched-set/Aircraft/1-72/Remove-before-flight-UK-1-72.html.  Also seen them on fleabay..

Al.

• Thanks 1