Hello, thank you for accepting me

Popski

Wide interest and builds, WW2 aircraft and modern fast jets, armour, ships and a little science fiction. If it looks cool I’ll build it. Of course I have a stash, not crazy out of control, about 15 - 20. What I love about the modelling community is if you need help or advice, just ask a question and everyone is eager to help out and answer. So thank you for letting me in. Paul

• Like 1

Greetings Paul - look forward to seeing some of your builds.

You need to work on that stash.. 😄

Best wishes,

Ian

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Popski said:

Of course I have a stash, not crazy out of control, about 15 - 20

Welcome to BM, sir.  We're a community of enablers, so expect that number to grow as a result of being here!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, IanC said:

Greetings Paul - look forward to seeing some of your builds.

You need to work on that stash.. 😄

Best wishes,

Ian

Cheers Ian, I will, sure I'm just getting started

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Welcome to BM, sir.  We're a community of enablers, so expect that number to grow as a result of being here!

Sounds like a challenge Jack! I have a mate lives in Oz has a reciepe book for road kill, squished wallabies, splattered roo and so on, never felt brave enough to try it, but building up my stash, thats certainly do-able 

• Haha 1

Gidday Popski, welcome aboard. I'm a ship modeler (1/600 scale and rather average) so I'd be interested in seeing yours.

I haven't heard of the road kill cook book but it wouldn't surprise me. 😁 Regarding splattered roo, they might look cute on television but if you hit a big one in a car then cooking will be the last thing on your mind. Cars often come off second best in collisions with them. Ask me how I know. 😫

Looking forward to seeing your models, particularly the ships. Regards, Jeff.

"GDay Arnold, I lived in Melbourne for 7 years and Adelaide for 4, regular trips to Kangaroo Island, had a few close calls but never hit one, my friend just 2 weeks after buying a new Disco 2 did, big dent in the wing and it just hopped off. The ships currently have are 1/72 motor boats, RAF rescue, Vosper and some German E-Boats, have 2 small scale sail ships, HMS Victory and the Cutty Sark. Build in the past Tamiya 1/350 Bismark, and New Jersey all lost in house moves 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Popski said:

Build in the past Tamiya 1/350 Bismark, and New Jersey all lost in house moves 

Gidday again, Yes, house moves can be very risky for built models. My dad was a teacher then Headmaster/Principal so we moved around a bit. Not easy to transport them without damage and hence I think I've only got two (very battered) from my youth of 50 years ago. One is an Airfix Scharnhorst in 1/600 and the other a scratchbuilt USS North Carolina in about 1/200 scale.

If your models are still under construction you can start a build thread in the Maritime Works in Progress section, or if already complete then in the Maritime Ready for Inspection section if you wish.

Regards, Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...