Mattp7999's BAe CT-155 Hawk

Mattp7999

Well the day has come for the beginning of the Group Build, at present am still waiting for the Kit to arrive for this build. It appears to be still in Hermes/Evri's depot. Anyway I will be building a Hobbyboss BAe Hawk Mk.100/102 kit as the Royal Canadian Air Force's CT-155 Hawk advanced trainer. The kit will be utilising Caracal Decals Canadian Hawk set and specifically the commemorative scheme based on the 419 Squadron Lancaster marked VR-W. I shall probably get some resin Bang seats too and then ponder what to do about the Centreline Fuel/Baggage pod which no manufacturer seems to make in 1/48 scale. Photos when the kit turns up. 

• Like 1

Well finally received the kit from E-Models.. joy of delays from Evri (previously known as Hermes)

Here's some shots of the Kit box, sprues and decal sheet.

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-1.jpg

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-2.jpg

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-3.jpg

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-4.jpg

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-5.jpg

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-6.jpg

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-7.jpg

BAe-CT-155-Hawk-8.jpg

Now kit is in hand, time to ponder what to do regarding Bang Seats, Also there is no decal or etching of the Miniature Detonation Cord in the Canopy.. so have seen on internet that a company in US produces the Canopy Seals and MDC for the Canopy in resin so might pick these up.. Also looking at Resin wheels as well.. Lots to ponder and prepare prior to starting my build 🙂 🇨🇦

Edited by Mattp7999
Update photo links and sizes
  • Like 4

• 11 months later...

Apologies to all, real life threw me some big challenges that I will not bore everybody with. Unfortunately the Hawk never got to the bench and modelling took a back seat. However things are much improved now and despite not completing it during the Group Build, I still have every intention at some point building and completing the kit.