New joiner (and leaver)

Good afternoon,

I am an old modeller both in modelling and age.

And my first object was to show you some of my work, but as i tried to insert photos I came up against the sites I would have to contribute to financially to show my own work.

In that case I will now be leaving this forum and go find another forum where i do not have to fart and faf about just to place an image on site. I do not use nor have wanted to use twitter/facebook or any other of the so called msm sites, so i am pleased to say I am an individual and will not be tied to any of the lame sites you promote.

Goodbye

Edited by Mike-C

To post photos on the site here you have to go through a photo hosting site. I use Flikr that gives me 1000 free photos. I believe some others do too. I have been a member here since mid 2018 and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. You get a lot of advice and support here. If you need help with anything simply ask. I would recommend you give Britmodeller a serious go. But it's up to you.

Jeff.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mike-C said:

Good afternoon,

I am an old modeller both in modelling and age.

And my first object was to show you some of my work, but as i tried to insert photos I came up against the sites I would have to contribute to financially to show my own work.

In that case I will now be leaving this forum and go find another forum where i do not have to fart and faf about just to place an image on site. I do not use nor have wanted to use twitter/facebook or any other of the so called msm sites, so i am pleased to say I am an individual and will not be tied to any of the lame sites you promote.

Goodbye

With a response like that, it is good that you are not staying.  We tend to be a happy clan on here and certainly do not need the negative attitude you have presented. If you had asked politely then I am sure that plenty of members would have offered helpful advice on how to get your images posted here at no cost to you.  Our FAQ section is also full of helpful advice.

Mike

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

I belong and contribute to three different forums (fora?) and am a Mod on one of them, and while this is the first I've come across that requires images be posted from an image repository site I honestly do not have any problem with that.  I sympathise with the Admins who need to do everything they can to control bandwidth and therefore cost, thus this site seems to run very well with the  current arrangement.  Frankly anyone feeling "special" enough to whinge about it in that way would not be welcome on the site I moderate and I am not sorry he decided not to persist here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That's an introduction and a half. 

3 hours ago, Mike-C said:

but as i tried to insert photos I came up against the sites I would have to contribute to financially to show my own work.

Just a little bit of research would reveal that there are image hosting sites that do not require a financial contribution. I use imgur and would've cheerfully recommended it.

If only you'd asked.

Never mind.

Bye bye

Mark

• Like 2

I think we might have had a close scrape there.  Time to close down that account and move on :unsure: On behalf of happier Mikes, I apologise on his behalf :lol:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

• Mike changed the title to New joiner (and leaver)
3 hours ago, Mike said:

I think we might have had a close scrape there.  Time to close down that account and move on :unsure: On behalf of happier Mikes, I apologise on his behalf :lol:

I don’t believe that was a real Mike, Mike.

Mike

• Haha 5

You do get them every now and then, the sort of member that can brighten up an entire forum, just by leaving it.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 10

4 hours ago, Neddy said:

You do get them every now and then, the sort of member that can brighten up an entire forum, just by leaving it.  :rolleyes:

:rofl:We've had a few over the years, believe me :mental:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, agreed, not the best of ways to introduce yourself. If he gets so frustrated over something like this I hope he never tries to build a Mach2 kit... 😀  only joking Mach2 fans! 

Have no problem with photo hosting sites, but the one draw-back I encounter from time to time is when looking up, say, an old WIP thread or a Ready for Inspection thread on BM and finding all the images have disappeared. Its a shame but I guess there's no easy solution.

Rich 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichG said:

Have no problem with photo hosting sites, but the one draw-back I encounter from time to time is when looking up, say, an old WIP thread or a Ready for Inspection thread on BM and finding all the images have disappeared. Its a shame but I guess there's no easy solution.

Hi Rich,

I have encountered this with some of my threads, where the images have disappeared.  If I find out about it, I try to reinsert the images; but only if I know it has happened.  Perhaps, if members contact the originators of the images and alert them to the problem, they may be able to go back and reinstate them.  Obviously not everyone has the time or the original images any more but it would be nice if we could do what can.

cheers,

Mike.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bootneck said:

Hi Rich,

I have encountered this with some of my threads, where the images have disappeared.  If I find out about it, I try to reinsert the images; but only if I know it has happened.  Perhaps, if members contact the originators of the images and alert them to the problem, they may be able to go back and reinstate them.  Obviously not everyone has the time or the original images any more but it would be nice if we could do what can.

cheers,

Mike.

NOPE! 

We should moan, stamp our feet and leave! 

• Haha 2

• Mike locked this topic