1/72 Eduard Albatros DV

Dear all,

My latest completed project - the latest 'Weekend Edition' release of Eduard's 72nd scale DV.  

Being the weekend boxing, means you only get the basic plastic (single) sprue, the instructions and decals.   Because this is devoid of any great detail, I added the following details:

Built up the cockpit a bit (you only get seat, stick, rubber bar and floor although you get instrument and seat belt decals) and added the missing fuel tank;

xFmBagD.jpg

EaeAx5D.jpg

winscreen;
hollowed out exhaust opening;
made up the missing radiator to engine pipework;
MG08/15 MG feed and extraction chutes added;
Elevator control horns and aileron actuator covers added

I'm sure others of better ability would be able to add even more detail - however, I am happy with what I have added here.

Rigged with nylon smoke coloured 'invisible' mending thread and Oschi elastic thread for elevators.   

In this new release you get four very colourful DV markings to choose from which are all excellent.   I decided to go for this particular one as it seemed a shame not to use the lozenge camo decals and because this was the more demanding paint job for a brush painter like myself so more of a challange to pull off.

Model completed in the markings of Albatros DV 2299/17 of Lt. Xaver Dannhuber, Jasta 26, Abeele, Belgium, 1917.

I hope there are not too many pictures?

mdlxpnO.jpg

gLE25rr.jpg

hqCZbCD.jpg

u5Rpdvz.jpg

kpqglrL.jpg

7yPGTQK.jpg

zmdnIGl.jpg

pzz9gWj.jpg

SfN0B63.jpg

sd2YH3x.jpg

pQrttd3.jpg

nZjfIgd.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 36

Nice one Dave, you can never have too many pictures!

The lozenge colours look very good, and I see you have done the pale blue edging too, Rigging is very nice as well.

What's next?

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

Very nice result. 👍

1/72 is a too small for these old eyes and hands to work with these days, but I appreciate it nevertheless having loved the scale throughout my childhood. Viewing your presentation what came to mind was just how far kits have come and how lucky today young modellers to whom the scale would appeal on so many levels are with the likes of this Weekend Edition kit with superb decals available so affordably from Eduard in 1/72. Back in the day transfers were rudimentary, and there is no way back in my 1960's Airfix days a youngster could even hope to reasonably reproduce a lozenge scheme acceptably with a couple of cans of Humbrol and a brush. Always loved the lozenge camo schemes. Looks great on your D.V.

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, Viking said:

Nice one Dave, you can never have too many pictures!

The lozenge colours look very good, and I see you have done the pale blue edging too, Rigging is very nice as well.

What's next?

Cheers

John

Many thanks, John -

The kit provided edging decals but it seemed easier just painting on the edging.  The most challanging was brush painting the black bands around the fuselage.

Not sure what my next project will be.  I may have a break from WW1 and go for an inter war biplane.

Regards

Dave