Dutch Defenders in May 1940

Great work on two fantastic subjects. I love it when I see aircraft like this rather than yet another Mustang or Messerschmitt. The camo schemes are beautiful and remind me that I have a Dutch Buffalo in the stash. I enjoyed following your WIP - you can be proud of these two.

Cheers,

Bill

Edited by Navy Bird
Typo!
  • Like 1

Very nice results! I like the colors, they are right on spot in my opinion. Congrats!

If you  like to enlarge this Dutch set the Douglas DB-8 (SH kit) and Fokkers TVIII, CV and CX  (MPM, LF and AZ kits respectively) are perhaps in your plans and maybe already in stash. Are you going with them as well? 

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Brilliantly done. I managed to get hold of the Geromy Models 1/48 Fokker TV kit but some of the transparencies don't fit the model, so it's basically unbuildable. Having seen this one I might have another look at it tonight. 

Very well done and a big + for doing something out of mainstream!

Thanks for sharing.

And that first photo of G1 is superb!

zig

Edited by zigster
Too quick on a "send" button.

11 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Beautiful models and great write-ups, thanks

11 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Fantastic and inspirational work, Heather: two more superb additions to your 1940 collection.

10 hours ago, IanC said:

Two superb models of types I don't think I've ever seen in model form before. 

10 hours ago, CedB said:

Strange looking pair, beautifully finished - great job Heather :) 

Thanks gents! The fun of being hooked into just one - early - year of the war brings all kinds of surprises. 

7 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Great work on two fantastic subjects. I love it when I see aircraft like this rather than yet another Mustang of Messerschmitt. The camo schemes are beautiful and remind me that I have a Dutch Buffalo in the stash. I enjoyed following your WIP - you can be proud of these two.

Thanks Bill. So many unusual aircraft go overlooked, for whatever reasons. I really enjoy learning all about them, too.

6 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Outstanding!

5 hours ago, Jeff G said:

Beautiful builds of under represented valour!

5 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Beautiful models and fascinating history, too.

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A great looking pairing Heather, I really like the camo work. :)

Thanks, chaps!

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Very nice results! I like the colors, they are right on spot in my opinion. Congrats!

If you  like to enlarge this Dutch set the Douglas DB-8 (SH kit) and Fokkers TVIII, CV and CX  (MPM, LF and AZ kits respectively) are perhaps in your plans and maybe already in stash. Are you going with them as well? 

The colours are ColourCoats. In @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies we trust! Still in the stash I have a Fokker C.VD and Koolhoven FK.51. Yesterday, I discovered a list of aircraft in LVA service in 1940, so obviously I need to seek out those kits and add them to the collection now!

1 hour ago, Josh G said:

Brilliantly done. I managed to get hold of the Geromy Models 1/48 Fokker TV kit but some of the transparencies don't fit the model, so it's basically unbuildable. Having seen this one I might have another look at it tonight. 

I think both Fokkers here would look superb in a larger scale. The T.V is not small, not far off the size of a Wellington. I hope you can figure out the glazing and get yours finished because I'd like to see it. :like:

1 hour ago, Ed Russell said:

Excellent work and well written.

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

These are beautifully executed.  One wonders how these aircraft would have been developed further had Netherlands not been attacked in 1940.  You honor the people who flew and fought in them!

45 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Nice models Heather, and your writing is a delight. 

Thanks all!

45 minutes ago, zigster said:

Very well done and a big + for doing something out of mainstream!

Out of the mainstream is my thing! Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely wonderful work Heather, have really enjoyed following the builds in WIP! The end results are stunning! And I agree, whilst Valom kits aren’t always easy, we are so lucky to have them!

They look great, that camouflage looks great. They are from a much neglected WW2 period for model builders I too would love to see more early war kits out there but in1/32 which is all my sausage fingers and failing eyesight allows me to build, I do not stand much of a chance, though I do have a Silver Wings DXXI.

Cheers

Dennis