AMK 1/48 MIG 31

Finished my MIG 31 today, my first 1/48 aircraft in almost 20 years. It's entirely OEM except from 2 pilots. I only used Revell aqua paints and weathered with some artists oil paints. The engines have two flickering leds in each of them, but sadly, one led in the left engine broke down during construction.  The base is made from some scrap plywood. I really wanted something different than the normal light gray, so went for a much dark grey with light blue underside.
The kit itself is great. Everything went together easily with good fitment and the decals went on without problems, good instructions,...

y4mX29deaLmmSY2hx6euVKypnPyidqWFGkg8oUtE

y4mmyREY08pY6WcBVd9lP-jTrEtRM2ssBjuc6UAH

y4mjPCe_tT28AbXt0XXbL1w8vzqlJqhGEu3da_Gw

y4mx7KCEAXw9nP_kF3umvyo2l5qwEvaWGNrP4URq

y4m__1J_m-9mCHD2mRGHF2rTFLzWjhBGtIqRKsWC

y4mBYfNaSDDVOjmWajesS_6nJjbdgYWihyrWvImI

y4msGoSZf82Rxx1kDTCdAJETn2AJUjrzWCy8aUgr

y4m8aFHCMymNcJHiN33QzOSH0WO5x_8gftDrhxhg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful work! Brute force is there, no mistake about that!

The only thing I would do different is the base. I would go in form of the new insignia of the Russian Federation and not ordinary red stars. 

10 hours ago, Deano353 said:

Looks great! Any chance of a few more photos from behind with the afterburners on?

Here you have a picture of the engines and a short clip. Weirdly the led I thought was broken, works sometimes a bit. It's temperature related I think. The hotter it is and the longer it burns, the less light it gives..

y4mz6VKrq9-J5gIUJxaSmrLcZNkdGeHOXkfH6RL4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, this is amazing! Love the FED's which really add to the kit but even without them it is fantastic.  Finish is perfect and I love the touches with the oil paints.

On 30/06/2022 at 20:58, boom.boom said:

Beautiful work! Brute force is there, no mistake about that!

The only thing I would do different is the base. I would go in form of the new insignia of the Russian Federation and not ordinary red stars. 

You mean the twin headed eagle? Wel that insignia would be nice, but perhaps would draw the focus too much away from the plane. The red star is simple, easy to build and still a very Russian symbol.