Jagdpanther G2

I recently wrapped up a small stable of armor models, that I'll be photographing and posting over the next few days. The first is this Rye Field Models Jagdpanther G2. This was a fairly fun and easy to build kit. It has a partial interior, but I only built the gun. I replaced the over-engineered tracks with some Panther G indy links I had lying around. The brass shells are from a Tamiya set. The model is painted with Gunze acrylics, with details done up in Vallejo and AK 3rd gen acrylics.  Weathering is simple, and limited to oil washes and Vallejo pigments. The "tarp" is tissue painted in a acrylic/white glue/water solution. Nothing outside of the bog standard here, but I'm happy with how it turned out.  My photos, as usual, are  less than stellar. 

PXL_20220628_233148045-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233216877-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233122599-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233232219-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233200754-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233417515-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233331312-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233242518-XL.jpg

PXL_20220628_233318345-XL.jpg

• Like 32

28 minutes ago, fittedkitchens said:

That's very impressive! Stupid question: is the camo all done freehand, or did you use some blu-tack 'worms'? I'm just trying to figure out the order you laid the colours down, ec as it's a scheme I'd be keen to copy. Cheers.

Don't copy too closely, as my camo about as historically accurate as a Hollywood film :) 

It's based on a true story, at best.

I began with the dark green, then free handed the brown, then used silly putty to mask and applied the dark yellow. But the silly putty was more of a general guideline, as I thinned my paint A LOT to minimize over-spray, and 75% freehanded the dark yellow lines. 

I think your hybrid free-hand/ silly putty camo scheme came out excellent! I also agree that the tools + shells + tarp mess on the rear deck really adds visual interest and color. Now I want to find/ buy/ build/ paint a Jagd that looks as good as this one!

Edited by nearsightedjohn
Added missing words
  • Thanks 1

I began with the dark green, then free handed the brown, then used silly putty to mask and applied the dark yellow. But the silly putty was more of a general guideline, as I thinned my paint A LOT to minimize over-spray, and 75% freehanded the dark yellow lines. 

Perfect - cheers, SoftScience!

• Like 1

Hi SoftScience,

Great brute! I really like the weathering, and the rear as they comment, good point.
The photos are not bad at all, what you did with the model looks very good.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1