Vampire F.3 Bottle on the Cockpit Bulkhead

Mike

Hi all, I'm in the process of painting the cockpit of my Airfix Vampire here, and am banging my head against a brick wall about the bottle that's to the side of the seat on the cockpit rear bulkhead.  Is it a fire extinguisher as I originally thought, or an O2 bottle for Mr Pilot?  Irresepectigardless, what colour would it be?  I've been hunting the various walkarounds including our own, and haven't seen a pic anywhere :crying:

Anyone help? :please:

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Hi all, I'm in the process of painting the cockpit of my Airfix Vampire here, and am banging my head against a brick wall about the bottle that's to the side of the seat on the cockpit rear bulkhead.  Is it a fire extinguisher as I originally thought, or an O2 bottle for Mr Pilot?  Irresepectigardless, what colour would it be?  I've been hunting the various walkarounds including our own, and haven't seen a pic anywhere :crying:

Anyone help? :please:

I guess it depends on the base of the Squadron - if in Scotland, most likely green or brownish-green (e.g. I think all of the Islays), but some excellent single malts come in uncoloured bottles (Scapa, Highland Park, a lot of the Speysides). South of the border - no clue.

Slainte ! 🙂