A6M5 Zero, Tamiya 1/72

Hello all,

This is my latest build, it's Tamiya's 1/72 A6M5 Zero. The fit of the kit was perfect, like all other Tamiya kits (in my experience). The model was painted with Ak real colors and Tamiya acrilycs, the yellow band on the leading edge and markings on the propeller were painted. I initially wanted to build Saburo Sakai's aircraft, inspired by his biography "Samurai!"; but I discovered that the Peddinghaus decals I had were wrong (dimensionally) and the other ones I had from an AJ Press Zero book were bad as well. So after some research I decided to do an aircraft from the 203 kokutai, at Omura airbase in Nagasaki, August 1945, from the Rising Decals sheet Zero pt.V, I decided to depict the aircraft with the tail number of it's first owner. The decals went on wonderfully. Some aftermarkets were used: Brengun Pe, a Yahu models instrument panel, master model 20mm canons and resin machine guns. The weathering was done with Tamiya enamel washes and powders, and a silver pencil for chipping effects.

Hope you enjoy it!

Next up is Arma hobby's F4F-4 Wildcat!

SbiuRr8H_o.jpg

RsflbXUa_o.jpg

z7B43t2h_o.jpg

Zg2wgHBd_o.jpg

2cJmALOG_o.jpg

0IpCY2Dn_o.jpg

WvZv3nDw_o.jpg

WUJQ2TeA_o.jpg

pCV5ZtW7_o.jpg

ZeyzuSig_o.jpg

h1ibQa9m_o.jpg

cxKvmFMZ_o.jpg

EPf6Zqme_o.jpg

fRTZpenG_o.jpg

pj4Z37Vf_o.jpg

YOuy5SVS_o.jpg

QFgT5v9q_o.jpg

• Like 51

Thank you all for your kind words, this was my first japanese build, and I was quite pleased with the result.

On 7/1/2022 at 12:34 PM, PattheCat said:

Great!

Now that I've seen yours, the question is: is it worth to continue with my A6M2b? 🤔

Congrats.

Pat.

Pat, your A6M2 looks great, drilling out the holes in the seat adds finesse to the model, I'm sure your end result will be great!

Oompa Loompa

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oompa Loompa modelers said:

Thank you all for your kind words, this was my first japanese build, and I was quite pleased with the result.

Pat, your A6M2 looks great, drilling out the holes in the seat adds finesse to the model, I'm sure your end result will be great!

Oompa Loompa

Thanks a lot for your kind comment.

Now no more choice but to do my best to not disappoint you 😉

Cheers.

Pat

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind comments.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:59 PM, Robertone139 said:

Wow! Than canopy looks exceptionally thin and clear, is it the original kit part?

Robertone139, sorry for the delay of my response. The canopy is the original kit part, which I just dipped in future to make it clearer. I was also surprised with how thin the canopy was, it's much better than the hasegawa canopy for their 1/72 zero, which is much too thick.

Cheers,

Oompa Loompa

• Thanks 1