1:72 Junglie speed build

3 minutes ago, KingTiger435 said:

hello everyone!

This build took 8 days in total, possibly one of my fastest builds ever!

WIP thread:

And here she is!

6fa5053206900d51b26c869be01d9546.jpg

67a3fcae1f2e2ecad53e2522f65ac2eb.jpg

12260879b6e6497faad178b9f8dea85d.jpg

695714fe06bd28ce71d85fdeff3f3c2d.jpg

bb8afa5271e2cba8e4bc3d5f4f4020b9.jpg

An excellent effort! I like it a lot.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1

Nice looking clean build looks great out in the natural light.  I need to get one of these for the stash  I’m currently 2/3 of the way through Airfix’s Mk.43 Norwegian bird and it’s a great looking easy to build kit. Th only criticism I have with the kit is the over simplified main rotor hub and of course the wibbly wobbly main rotor blades that look like they’ve been made from wet tagliatelle that’s been laid out to dry in a so so straight fashion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Unfinished project said:

Nice looking clean build looks great out in the natural light.  I need to get one of these for the stash  I’m currently 2/3 of the way through Airfix’s Mk.43 Norwegian bird and it’s a great looking easy to build kit. Th only criticism I have with the kit is the over simplified main rotor hub and of course the wibbly wobbly main rotor blades that look like they’ve been made from wet tagliatelle that’s been laid out to dry in a so so straight fashion

I do agree the rotor and blades are a bit... crap. I had no aftermarkets however and honestly couldn't bother with scratchbuilding the detailed rotor, maybe another time (I too have that other kit in my stash)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingTiger435 said:

I do agree the rotor and blades are a bit... crap. I had no aftermarkets however and honestly couldn't bother with scratchbuilding the detailed rotor, maybe another time (I too have that other kit in my stash)

I’m just going to have to rely on some dry brushing to try to make it look a bit more detailed 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks stunning in the sunlight.  👍

Did you follow the kit colour call or use something different for the main colour? I did look on the WiP but couldn't see mention of this?

Steve.

I use revell aqua colour instead of humbrol, it's my favourite paint along with citadel.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Ok, but which one? :D

Steve.

Sorry my bad:D

I can't check right now (in school) but I think it was 68 or 39, probably 68, I'll check again this afternoon

• Thanks 1

Got to love a junglie (I would say that) looks like its been cab wiped to death... very shiney PX24 secondary proctective finish....it never lasts 🙄 

BZ to you....one minor point and you arent alone ....it appears to have 6/7 MAWS (AR57) ....supposed to be 4 +1....2 fwd,2 aft and one underneath....Id imagine that the airfix instructions are a bit confusing.

The aft sensors were moved to the rear of the tail boom from the aft hull section by modification....the reason being that better arcs were found further aft since the hull caused  blind arcs .

Top marks anyway 👌 

Edited by junglierating
  • Thanks 1