Measurements of the empennage extension of Italeri's 1:32 Mirage IIICJ

Sturmovik

Hello guys,

I'm planning on converting Italeri's Mirage IIIE into an EA. For that, I need to know the measurements of the empennage extension of the Mirage IIICJ. That part is needed to make (at least externally), an MIIIEA.

This is the piece I need the measures of (highlighted in blue).

uc5KcuN.jpeg

I need its length, width, and height.

Hopefully one of you will have the MIIIC with that extension and will be able to give me the measures. Preferently in centimeters.

Thanks!

Edited by Sturmovik

39 minutes ago, MarcB said:

Hello,

Length is 5.6 cm, height is 1.1 cm

Do you know the width? That's the only missing thing I need to send the part to the printer.

Edited by Sturmovik

Hi

Sorry can not see the photo work vir thingy stops this.

The Italeri's Mirage IIIE is a version of Mirage IIIEA you just do not put the doppeler under the nose, there are a few other small things that they used.

See my Mirage IIIEA build in the Falklands Group Build.

You do not need to convert any thing are you getting confused with the Dagger that they had which is based on the IIICJ if so then you use the IIIC kit as the starting point like they did in when they did them.

Paul

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, PaulT 876 said:

You do not need to convert any thing are you getting confused with the Dagger that they had which is based on the IIICJ if so then you use the IIIC kit as the starting point like they did in when they did them.

Paul

Some versions of the E had a straight fin leading edge, some the extension - like the EA. Apparently the Italeri kit only includes the straight version on the dedicated E sprue, at least the boxing I just looked at. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PaulT 876 said:

thing are you getting confused with the Dagger

No, I'm not confused about the variant. Argentinian EAs have the fin extension.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Do you know the width? That's the only missing thing I need to send the part to the printer.

I don't have an accurate way to give a precise measurement, but if you have the kit, wouldn't it  be beter to take the measurement on the kit's fin itself (or the straight extension included in the kit ) , to be sure you'll end up with a precisely-fitting part...?

MB

51 minutes ago, MarcB said:

but if you have the kit

I don't have it yet. I was planning for the time when I manage to get my hands on it. 

I was able to get the info I needed though. A friend will print the part with the measures I was given.

Now, to wait.

Edited by Sturmovik