Airfix 1/72 Spitfire

I'd say that this site is the home of the Spitfire, because after looking through all the past posts I'm convinced that just about every one of us has built one at one time or another.  I'm also convinced that we all may have a problem, and the only cure is more Spitfires!  This is another quick build of mine, here for your scrutiny.  The kit was one of the newer Airfix sets, and the fit was pretty good overall.  Not as much detail as I would have liked, but still a more than adequate kit.  The decals had a bit of silvering, despite being set over a glossy surface and using lots of setting solution.  They were also the tiniest bit out of register, which you can just make out with the wing roundels.  Finished with Tamiya acrylics and Abteilung oils for weathering.

F0d05Gj.jpg

R3X6JLA.jpg

J15LlhH.jpg

OOykGto.jpg

n1eN1xd.jpg

e2z8KVU.jpg

0n0o32p.jpg

• Like 28

1 hour ago, ErikT said:

I'd say that this site is the home of the Spitfire, because after looking through all the past posts I'm convinced that just about every one of us has built one at one time or another.  I'm also convinced that we all may have a problem, and the only cure is more Spitfires!  This is another quick build of mine, here for your scrutiny.  The kit was one of the newer Airfix sets, and the fit was pretty good overall.  Not as much detail as I would have liked, but still a more than adequate kit.  The decals had a bit of silvering, despite being set over a glossy surface and using lots of setting solution.  They were also the tiniest bit out of register, which you can just make out with the wing roundels.  Finished with Tamiya acrylics and Abteilung oils for weathering.

F0d05Gj.jpg

R3X6JLA.jpg

J15LlhH.jpg

OOykGto.jpg

n1eN1xd.jpg

e2z8KVU.jpg

0n0o32p.jpg

Nice.

Alain

1 hour ago, ErikT said:

F0d05Gj.jpg

R3X6JLA.jpg

J15LlhH.jpg

OOykGto.jpg

n1eN1xd.jpg

e2z8KVU.jpg

0n0o32p.jpg

Nice.

Alain

Thanks for the comments, everyone!  I admit to a soft spot for both the Spitfire and the BF-109.  I have both models in all three scales of 1/48, 1/72, and 1/144.  Now to find some space so I can purchase, build, and display the same two in 1/32 scale!