Couple of italian tankettes L3/33 and L3/35

Hi all, after not having already finished the ADGZ, I started another project, a couple of italian tankettes used late in 1944 by italian army.
Here is some historical pictures source Stefano di Giusto's "Panzer in Ozak" and "Il gruppo corazzato San Giusto".

spacer.png

spacer.png

I already made up the L3/33 with a welded hull, I used a Model Victoria kit, it is very well detailed and in some parts a little bit hard to build, it is far from the Bronco kit, wich hull is some 2 mm narrower.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then I ended the first and started the second one, I made a mix with a Bronco riveted superstructure and a Model Victoria one, after the surgery and some sanding they will fit very good.

spacer.png

• Like 11

Very nice work!  I built one of the Bronco kits a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  I have a few more in the stash to get to, but some of the earlier ones have some minor inaccuracies as I recall with visor placement, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, so the work went on with the second L3, this one is a late model, with bolted superstructure and slightly different shape, I set up the diorama as it will result, the shed is also a Model Victoria kit, very well detailed indeed. The figures are from Royal Model, Model Victoria (again) and Tristar, with Ultracast heads.

Cheers!
Alessandro

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

And then the green coat is applied, with some scratches, to add interest I gave a slightly different shade of paint, wich seems very glossy, I will tone it down with some washes and weathering.

Cheers
Alessandro

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7