1/35 SA-22 Greyhound (Pantsir) kit advice please

Pappy

G'day people, help for a jet builder please from the BM  massif.

I am an experienced builder and have built some armor before but I mainly do jets.

I have been offered the choice of either the Trumpeter or Zvezda 1/35 Pantsir kits for a very reasonable price.

I only want to build one and would like to know which one is the 'better' kit - I know Meng also make a kit and that they have a reputation for being very good  but that is not under consideration.

I actually hate the "Which is the best kit?" question as the term best will be  different for each person. In my case price and availability are the same so that is not a factor so my criteria are:

• Which is the most accurate out of the box, e.g. shape, included details etc
  • Which builds the most easily?
  • Do either (or both) have any known flaws?

I have had a poke around on Scalemates and looked at the kit instructions, both kits follow a similar assembly sequence starting with a detailed engine and chassis, suspension etc.

The only real difference I can see is that the Trumpy kit offers an interior to the control cabin and Zvezda does not?

Thanks in advance

cheers,

Pappy

I agree that the reviews really fail to make any appreciable discrimination between the 2 brands except price, with Zvezda being typically about 35-50% cheaper.  But if price is not the discriminator then I suppose the interior might score if you want it.  If either had non-vinyl tyres in the box that would be a big plus.

58 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

I agree that the reviews really fail to make any appreciable discrimination between the 2 brands except price, with Zvezda being typically about 35-50% cheaper.  But if price is not the discriminator then I suppose the interior might score if you want it.  If either had non-vinyl tyres in the box that would be a big plus.

G'day DA,

I don't mind the rubber tyres if done crisply, although I still have memories of the 'realistic' rubber tyres included in some older Hasegawa aircraft kits that ended up crumbling or breaking down with age.

I have seen that realistic 'sagged' resin replacement tyres are available which I will likely buy with the money saved on purchase price.

I am leaning towards the Trumpy kit mainly for the operators cabin,

cheers,

Pappy