RCAF Sabre Mk 6

21 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

is it too late to use the other nose wheel from the kit, the Sabre 6 was rarely seen with the 'teardrop spoked' wheel.

I cemented the wheel in place minutes after that photo was taken. :shrug:   However, I have managed to remove it! :phew:  

Thanks for the pointer, Tony.   For future reference, does that apply to other Canadair Sabres?   I really fancy building a IV Sqn RAF Sabre Mk 4.

On 9/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

I cemented the wheel in place minutes after that photo was taken. :shrug:   However, I have managed to remove it! :phew:  

Thanks for the pointer, Tony.   For future reference, does that apply to other Canadair Sabres?   I really fancy building a IV Sqn RAF Sabre Mk 4.

yes, It is extremely rare to see the teardrop spoked wheel on a Canadair Sabre of any mark.

Tony

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, Tony Edmundson said:

yes, It is extremely rare to see the teardrop spoked wheel on a Canadair Sabre of any mark.

Tony

I wasn't aware of the differences - will have to check which one I need for mine.

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

this build has sent me into a bit of an F-86 frenzy

Nothing wrong with that! I'm tempted to go straight into another Canadair Sabre build but I need to resist and crack on with my other builds - not to mention all the builds I have planned for the megaGB

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 23:09, 81-er said:

What scheme are you going for with the new one?

It will be a natural metal scheme from the 391 FBS, 366 FBW.  This has a white fin and tailplane with red, yellow and blue candy stripes.  There are matching bands around the nose and wing tanks.

I first built this scheme four decades ago using the 1/72 Heller kit and Microscale decals.  Time for another shot at it.  This one will give me the opportunity of building an early(ish) Sabre with bombs under the wings.

• Like 1