1/32 - de Havilland DH.103 Hornet/Sea Hornet by Kotare Models - rumour

Homebee

Next Kotare Models (link) kit project may be a 1/32nd de Havilland DH.103 Hornet or/and Sea Hornet.

Source: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/a-bit-of-a-surprise-from-tuesday-s-ipms-meeting-he-t531675.html

One of our members (Who shall remain unnamed, who is closely involved with Kotare Models, but was not Richard!) was at Tuesday's meeting and during the general discussion let it be known that, should their upcoming Spitfire Ia kit be a success, one of their next projects is proposed to be a 1/32 De Havilland Hornet or Sea Hornet (At the moment undecided which or both! This is the first public announcement regarding future projects I know of.

(...)
Brett in NZ.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - de Havilland DH.103 Hornet/Sea Hornet by Kotare Models - rumour

My lack of any interest in the DH Hornet makes me think this would be a huge mistake but you never know.

But there is a sea hornet being refurbished in Auckland so there is a chance they have access and want to do it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Phas3e said:

My lack of any interest in the DH Hornet makes me think this would be a huge mistake but you never know.

Which is exactly why I think the total opposite. I fully understand Kotare taking a ‘safe bet’ with a fully detailed Spitfire Mk.1, however why follow it up with another Bf 109 type (seen it before) kit? 1/32 appears to be the new 1/48 so with excellent Spitfires, Lancasters, Whirlwinds, Mosquito’s etc.. on the market another beautiful British aircraft new to this scale is certainly something to celebrate. 

Cheers and best of luck Kotare… Dave 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Phas3e said:

But there is a sea hornet being refurbished in Auckland so there is a chance they have access and want to do it.

Hi

I don't think there was much of that sea hornet left when they got it 

see bottom three photos in the link 

cheers 

jerry 

https://warbirdsnews.com/aircraft-restoration/de-havilland-sea-hornet-airworthy-restoration-project.html/amp

Edited by brewerjerry

Thanks for that hint. I know about that. My full trust is with the ZM designer but not with ZM´s kit philosophy and production quality, but let´s see how the 109 comes out.

A word from the guy who was running the meeting which might burst any bubble

Being chairman of the club in question, and chairing that club night, I can safely say that what was said at the meeting made no mention of the sort, and has obviously been taken in completely the wrong context. Probably safest to ignore this one and move on. I would wait until subject announcements are actually made before jumping on "he said, she said" snippets.

• Thanks 1

I would have thought something along the lines of a new Hawker Typhoon might be Kotare's follow up to the Spitfire, given the 1973 vintage of Revell's offering...