Regarding the actual MiG-35 of Egyptian Air Force in 1/72 scale

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well my general guess is to get a Italeri 72 MiG-29UB Fulcrum and add a normal MiG-29 Fulcrum A/C nose and to put a box shaped in the backside

I wonder if there is more visible changesor modd apps

https://www.google.com/search?q=egyptian+air+force+mig-35&rlz=1C1ALOY_esSV954SV954&oq=Egypt+Air+Force+MiG-&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i22i30l3j0i390l2.10846j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Regards

Armando

PS I need suggestions of practical simple scratch / kitbashing type not go buy Great Wide Weels model

I'm inferring that "a box shaped in the backside" may refer to the dorsal spine?  On the MiG-35/MiG-29M this is substantially larger than the 9.12 or 9.51, and extends all the way to the "beaver tail" area (trailing edge between the vertical stabilizers).

Also the two-seat MiG-35 canopy is a different shape from the 9.51/UB, so bashing the first generation single and two-seaters will get you as close as you may think.

On the less difficult side of the conversion you're proposing, you would also have to remove/fill in the auxiliary intakes, which don't exist on the MiG-35.

Various other detail changes including small intakes & antennae differences, IFR probe, etc.

If you're intent on doing this without buying a dedicated kit, I expect one if the Zvezda kits will be your best starting point and you should also look for a good set of scale plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CT7567 said:

I'm inferring that "a box shaped in the backside" may refer to the dorsal spine?

The single seater MiG-35S and twoseat D have the same canopy, the aft seat is replaced by electronics in the single seat version.

The best reference I have is the Gordon / Komossarov book.

Cheers,

Andre

the second generation MiG-29/35 is rather different in many aspects...

not sure if still available anywhere:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/scratchaeronautics-mig-35--1118192

of you start scratchbuilding yourself:

the MiG-35 (for the sake of simplicity... also the MiG-29M2....) has a new 2 large (two seat enclosing) canopy that sits way further aft compared to the 9.51 (MiG-29UB) one, roughly the single seat front canopy is a reasonable reference....

the leading egde is sharp compared to rounded, and doen not have the aux intakes,  the wing is larger, the spine is closed to an SMT, and the elevators and beaver tail is different in shape.

all all the overall shapes remained the same, the engines as well... maybe comparable to F-16 vs Japanese F2...

The Mig-35 has the Klimov RD-33MKB engine with Vector thrust like the Mig-29OWT.It also has eleven armament attachement points instead of the seven like the Mig-29A.

Saluti

Giampiero

The picture below is from wikipedia.

2268jrz.jpg

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri

Hi there

all all the overall shapes remained the same, the engines as well... maybe comparable to F-16 vs Japanese F2...

That explain me a lot!!!! Advice taken better wait for an injected model or forget the subject

My own WWG (wild wide guess) is that Zvesda will be selling less models outside Russian in the near future (as for a model not sellected or adquired by Russia AF maybe never will be made as plastic injected kit)

Regards

Armando

1 hour ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

The Mig-35 has the Klimov RD-33MKB engine with Vector thrust like the Mig-29OWT

I have never heard of TVC nozzles being installed on the MiG-35 yet... the one off single seat OVT was probably the  only one...

Where can one obtain this resin kit? I can't find it in any shops. Is it through direct order from manufacturer (essentially a garage company?), and if so, should I be a bit afraid of getting scammed, as this particular brand (unlike for example ScaleWorx) is never referenced on any forums...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drake122 said:

Where can one obtain this resin kit? I can't find it in any shops. Is it through direct order from manufacturer (essentially a garage company?), and if so, should I be a bit afraid of getting scammed, as this particular brand (unlike for example ScaleWorx) is never referenced on any forums...

Actually Scratchaeronautics has been referenced a lot in this very same forum, some of their products have been announced and discussed here and a member know them very closely.

What I'm not sure about is if they are still active, I remember having read that they were stopping production but I don't know if they restarted or what

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Actually Scratchaeronautics has been referenced a lot in this very same forum, some of their products have been announced and discussed here and a member know them very closely.

What I'm not sure about is if they are still active, I remember having read that they were stopping production but I don't know if they restarted or what

1 hour ago, drake122 said:

I was in contact with Juan directly last month, they have resumed limited work as far as I understand:

I ordered several kits over the last years, yes a garage company with long delivery and production times (Juan is also active Spanish military I believe, which hinders availability at times...). My stuff always arrived, and was great! (but be patient and do not expect recent Tamiya quality and ease of assemble! :D )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1