QF-86E Sabre drone

Great looking drone, Ive got a photo like this of a Sabre.5, a German camouflaged one used as a drone, and a former JASDF Blue Impulse F as a drone. Its still wearing the JASDF colors and Stars & Bars. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely model Terry, cracking paintjob and a really interesting scheme! 👍

Keith

Thanks Keith, it was an enjoyable build.

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking drone, Ive got a photo like this of a Sabre.5, a German camouflaged one used as a drone, and a former JASDF Blue Impulse F as a drone. Its still wearing the JASDF colors and Stars & Bars. 

Thanks Dennis. As you say there are many other Sabre variants that were turned to drones, and I hope to do a few more soon.

20 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Superb Sabre!

Thank you sir!

19 hours ago, Learstang said:

Excellent Sabre with a very striking paint scheme!

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason.

18 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Smashing job! Must get off my butt and do a QF-86F sometime :)

Thank you Duncan, it's all your fault really, the book is so inspiring! I agree, get cracking on your QF-86F, I suspect that would be in 1/48?

14 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Very nice indeed! Great work and an eye-catching paint scheme - well done 

Thank you!

13 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Oh, now that is sharp! Beautiful work!

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Now that is very nice, Terry :)

Thanks Martin, more to come at some point as I have quite a few more 1/72 F-86's in the stash plus a couple of 1/48...........😁

11 hours ago, giemme said:

Wow  Terry, that looks superb! :worthy: Glad the AK Extreme Metal paints worked for you, I use them myself  :winkgrin:  :thumbsup:

Ciao 

Thank you Giorgio. I am now a big fan of AK's new metallics, so will be using them a lot I think.

9 hours ago, general melchett said:

Lovely job Terry, great result on an interesting choice. Not the easiest scheme to mask up. Now I'll have to root around for something particularly quirky for the table.

Thank you General! It was a bit of a masking challenge, but I have to say one of the few I've done lately without any paint lifts! It would be an honour to have the table blessed with something quirky from you sir ........... but no pressure of course!

9 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Really unusual scheme, wonderful job with the metalwork and orange.:like:

Pete

Thanks Pete. I've taken it to a couple of recent events, and it does seem to catch peoples eye!

2 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Beautiful looking Sabre !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman!

Thanks again everyone for your very kind comments.

Watch out for an RFI for some Ryan KD drones shortly!

T

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Thank you Duncan, it's all your fault really, the book is so inspiring! I agree, get cracking on your QF-86F, I suspect that would be in 1/48?

Most likely: I did 'your' QF-86E (based on the Heller kit) maaaaany moons ago and did a QF-86E conversion from the Hasegawa 1/32 F-86F-40 too. So a 1/48 QF-86F seems the correct version in the most suitable scale. Don't hold your breath though...

• Haha 1

Well look at thathe's actually finished it and a right pucker job too. And before you get your stick out, you'll have to wait and see if I do QF as I have so many OTHER Sabres to do first. Now, we have small matter of a Vosper...🚤.

Stuart

• Haha 2

On 6/26/2022 at 10:38 PM, Courageous said:

Well look at thathe's actually finished it and a right pucker job too. And before you get your stick out, you'll have to wait and see if I do QF as I have so many OTHER Sabres to do first. Now, we have small matter of a Vosper...🚤.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, glad you like. I'm hoping we'll see a QF from you someday and of course a D, and maybe even an H, we can dream! And as for that Vosper of mine, maybe your dreams will come true one day soon 🤞

10 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Love that scheme Terry,  the variation in metal shades really adds to the overall beauty, such a stunning looking Aircraft too.

Great work 

Chris

Thanks again Chris. For me, shade variations on NMF aircraft are becoming the norm these days, unless the real article has a painted silver finish (as many did have).

T.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1