Monogram F 100 in 1/48th Scale.Finished.

G'day again Chums,the vinegar stroke this time.

Jinxman,thanks old fruit.

The pitot probe has been reworked.The needle from a Revell Contacta bottle was just right for the job.This has been made to be removable so a length of copper wire has been fixed into the tube and a tail left protruding so that when it is inserted into the blind hole drilled into the permanently fixed bit under the nose the whole item will be the right length.

Monogram-F-100-94.jpg

The underwing decals have sorted themselves out a treat.

Monogram-F-100-95.jpg

Some gentle slicing meant that no ripping or cursing occurred and the unwanted bits came off without any snags.

Monogram-F-100-96.jpg

The tail bumper should have a full length recess to lay in.I just fitted it with the aid of yet more copper wire,a hole drilled to take it and a drop of superglue,I really didn't fancy chopping dirty great holes into a somewhat delicate paint job at this late stage.Besides,I've no idea what the inside of the recess looks like.

Monogram-F-100-97.jpg

Some red painted strips of masking tape provided the straps for the exhaust cover.

Monogram-F-100-98.jpg

There has been the usual flurry of touching in of paint and general tweaking so I'm calling this one done.

Monogram-F-100-99.jpg

Monogram-F-100-100.jpg

Monogram-F-100-101.jpg

Monogram-F-100-102.jpg

Monogram-F-100-103.jpg

Monogram-F-100-104.jpg

Monogram-F-100-105.jpg

Monogram-F-100-106.jpg

Monogram-F-100-107.jpg

I nearly got it right.

Monogram-F-100-108.jpg

My thanks to Dennis and Steve for dong their bit,Enzo for herding cats and to all who looked in and chipped in.I'm off to concentrate on my F5E in the F5 GB,see you all soon.

• Like 7

• Alex Gordon changed the title to Monogram F 100 in 1/48th Scale.Finished.