Aeromacchi C.200 Serie I, 1/48 Special Hobby

After a long time, I also upload pictures of the finished model. Model is Special Hobby 1/48 Aeromacchi C.200 serie I.

It is a model that represents the plane of the famous Italian ace Maresciallo GianLino 'Giri' Baschirotto (more about him on the following LINK). The model is decent for the shortrun of that period, but it cannot be compared with Italeri C.200 (newer and already outdated in terms of quality).

The painting was done with acrylic and weathering with pigments, Tamiya panel liner products, oil paints, wooden watercolor paints and a silver ink pen.

Critics and suggestions are more than welcome.

IMG-7187.jpg

IMG-7189.jpg

IMG-7190.jpg

IMG-7198.jpg

IMG-7206.jpg

IMG-7226.jpg

IMG-7293.jpg

IMG-7302.jpg

IMG-7201.jpg

IMG-7203.jpg

IMG-7204.jpg

IMG-7217.jpg

IMG-7215.jpg

IMG-7211.jpg

Edited by boom.boom
  • Like 33

Yes, now I can see them. That's one well-weathered Saetta! Love the 'poached egg' camo too.

Edited by Luka
  • Thanks 1

Nice rendition of the 1st "Saetta" serie. Some more work should be done in the wheels bays to complete the job. Propeller (hamilton) should be painted in a shade close to RLM65. Nice to see an Italian machine. best regards.

• Thanks 1

It seems you have represented a Serie 1 model of which the features were a retractable tail wheel and an Fiat/Hamilton standard propeller until the 26th sampler. With this propeller a spinner was also used. But if it is a Piaggio it is a very early Serie II, and you have used the proper headrest. Weathering is a matter of personal taste, but those planes were new to the Regia Aeronautica and were very well maintained. Keep on doing Italian models, they teach a lot. best regards.

• Thanks 1

Always nice to see an Italian plane ! so many types of camos...You did a great job with your painting, and I agree with comments on weathering , these planes were new , and a little bit more shiny on receipt by units. but keep on going !!  Waiting for your next builds !!

best regards !!

• Thanks 1

@François Escudé Thank You on Your opinion! Italian WW2 planes are soooo inspiring in soo many ways...

On 6/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, François Escudé said:

...and I agree with comments on weathering , these planes were new , and a little bit more shiny on receipt by units.

With all due respect, I would not agree with @Zigomar and you Francois on that. As you can see http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/images/baschirotto_1.jpg, the picture clearly shows that his plane is a pretty matte. It must also be taken into account that the unit is stationed in the middle of the Mediterranean (Catania) as well as the fact that the vast majority of MC.200 photographs show a matte finish or little satin shine (at the best) which I tried to replicate.

Edited by boom.boom
  • Like 1