Hasegawa 1/72 Grumman F11F-1 Tiger

This F11F was entered in the Artwork Group Build with the sharkmouth decoration.
This model was more or less built OOB, with a full rescribe and some extra detail added.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,
Luka

Edited by Luka
  • Like 60
  • Thanks 1

Great job!

A beautiful kit to build. I did build mine in the mid-nineties with the same paint scheme, but unfortunately then I did not use gloss and mat varnish with the decals, and they are now the worst for wear... It needs a rehabilitation work.

Yours is smashing and I hope you are proud of it.

Congrats.

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the comments!

On 6/25/2022 at 10:22 PM, Pstryk said:

Great model! Sadly currently no one want to produce a new Tiger model and the Hasegawa one is hard to find on market

Indeed, I got this one by sheer coincidence in the second-hand section of a small webstore. A re-release, or even better, a re-tooling of this kit would be nice. But with only a small amount of planes built and just a few years of service it's probably not popular enough for the big scale model companies..

Great looking build.  This is a really cool plane, it's a shame that it wasn't more successful.  The Navy had some really interesting looking aircraft in that period.  Tiger, Cutlass, Skyray, and Demon, were all very interesting looking but short-lived aircraft.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful model in perhaps the most striking markings the Tiger ever wore. Wasn't Kittyhawk working on a Tiger not long before they shut down? I don't recall if it was to have been 1/48 or 1/32 scale  but I do recall some excitement over it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2022 at 9:33 PM, SAT69 said:

Beautiful model in perhaps the most striking markings the Tiger ever wore. Wasn't Kittyhawk working on a Tiger not long before they shut down? I don't recall if it was to have been 1/48 or 1/32 scale  but I do recall some excitement over it.

Thanks! And you're right; a quick search at scalemates says that sadly Kittyhawk's 1/32 kit of this plane was cancelled. Hopefully other scale model companies will pick up the subject in the future.

• 1 year later...

Hello, everyone,

Can anybody help me with finding photos of the F11F-1 Long Nose with the following units:

F11F-1 LN with the VF-51 (July 58);

F11F-1 LN with the VF-24 (Dec 58) or / and with the VF-211 (Mar 59);

F11F-1 LN with the VF-111/ VA-156 (Dec 59)?

Any pointers where I can find such photos?

I saw some graphic images/artworks done on some of the F11F-1s with these units/squadrons but cannot find the photos that might be used by an artist to base his artworks on... 

Please help?

On 12/02/2024 at 11:32, Bikitzer said:

Hello, everyone,

Can anybody help me with finding photos of the F11F-1 Long Nose with the following units:

F11F-1 LN with the VF-51 (July 58);

F11F-1 LN with the VF-24 (Dec 58) or / and with the VF-211 (Mar 59);

F11F-1 LN with the VF-111/ VA-156 (Dec 59)?

Any pointers where I can find such photos?

I saw some graphic images/artworks done on some of the F11F-1s with these units/squadrons but cannot find the photos that might be used by an artist to base his artworks on... 

Please help?

For a start :

https://aircraft-catalog.com/en/Grumman/F-11-Tiger/