No. 1 Squadron RCAF Sopwith Dolphin and Fokker DVII

Marklo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm impressed that you took this Roden kit as far as you have.  The issue with the fit of the lower wing (not to mention all the other engineering gaffs) was enough for me to bin these kits, as finely detailed as they may be.  I was very happy when Eduard released their own versions.

Yours is looking very good and bravo with the lozenge camo. You have done what I have never been able to do with Roden decals.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John Masters said:

You have done what I have never been able to do with Roden decals

The trick I’ve discovered was warm water and lots of washing up liquid. Previous to that discovery I’ve had a horrible time with Roden decals.

The other trick is microscale liquid decals I’ve successfully used this to bring old decals back from instant disintegration on contact with water.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1

3-FB37-A8-D-37-F7-49-EA-824-E-0-B46363-FCan’t find the inner interplane struts so nothing else for it, replacements Andre from 2mm styrene sheet.

A1435-F90-C2-CB-4-AEF-8-CB9-3-B0-DAEDDADthat’s the interplane struts and associated PE fitted. I’ll put on the upper strut rigging brackets next and rig it before fitting the top wing. I’ll use black EZ-line for the job.

• Like 2

049-FD04-F-906-F-4-C21-AE8-F-07-E247583-The Dolphin is now complete. Of course the upper wing wouldn’t fit as I had completely forgotten to allow for the stagger, so I ended up taking the struts off attaching the cabane struts then refitting the interplane struts and finally re rigging the whole thing. Still pleased with the end result.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Marklo said:

The Dolphin is now complete. Of course the upper wing wouldn’t fit as I had completely forgotten to allow for the stagger, so I ended up taking the struts off attaching the cabane struts then refitting the interplane struts and finally re rigging the whole thing. Still pleased with the end result.

So you should be . Awesome models 

Martin H 

• Thanks 1