There's a storm coming...

Argentine Skyhawk 3-A-305 returns to ARA Veinticinco de Mayo following a reconnaissance mission over the South Atlantic in 1982.

EiUhMUN.jpg

The 1/72 Airfix Douglas A-4B/Q Skyhawk kit finished in the markings of the 3Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque.

I added a replacement pilot, a couple of aerials, dropped the flaps and the tail hook, but otherwise it's out of the box.

Mounted on a base from Coastal kits with an arrestor cable made from 0.4mm brass wire - Job done!

aEwe1pU.jpg

The real aircraft was lost in an accident over BACE on 22 May 1986, but the pilot managed to eject safely. 

9qkuKOT.jpg

idTmw3k.jpg

Thanks for looking.

mike

zAnHJY1.jpg

• Like 50

What modest Mike fails to mention again is that this was the worthy winner of our latest club competition - amongst some great builds! 

And as usual, excellent though Mike's pics are, it looks even better 'for real'!

Top work Mike! 

Keith

• Like 5

On 6/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, Doc72 said:

Looks great! The arrestor wire makes it look very dynamic.

Many thanks Doc72. Inspiration was taken from a photo of 3-A-305 about to land on the carrier deck (The photo is near the bottom of Page 3 on this great reference site for Scooters : airfix-1-72-douglas-a4b-4p )

On 6/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, keefr22 said:

What modest Mike fails to mention again is that this was the worthy winner of our latest club competition - amongst some great builds! 

And as usual, excellent though Mike's pics are, it looks even better 'for real'!

Top work Mike! 

Keith

Many thanks Keith, but methinks you're being far too generous! It helped that someone wasn't able to finish their entry in time !...

(If I don't see a Sea Harrier at the KUTA competition in September, I'll be disappointed. 🧐)

22 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Super Scooter, great build !

Wulfman

Many thanks Wulfman - much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Winenut said:

Very nicely done indeed

Congrats!

Many thanks Winenut - much appreciated.

mike

1 hour ago, Viking said:

That is a nicely animated little diorama Mike, not your usual fare, where do the passengers sit? 😉

Cheers

John

Thanks John. I had to get something finished, and as for the passengers ?...

...let's just say that they're still sitting waiting patiently for the Air Zimbabwe flight under construction in "Work in Progress". 🤣

mike

• Haha 1