Mk.4b CF.100 All weather fighter

Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 1 month later...

Good evening everyone … I finally was able to get around to taking care of this. Sadly I racked my brain for a good while but cannot figure out how to open the third flap under the fuselage now. Still need the tanks or rocket pods to be added but otherwise shes ready for paint. t5d9Io2.jpg

7TPVOjU.jpg

rQfCUH4.jpg

dHxb7eX.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 10

That's looking very nice Dennis.  It's not an aircraft that I know much about and I certainly didn't appreciate that it had such an enthusiastic following!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CliffB said:

That's looking very nice Dennis.  It's not an aircraft that I know much about and I certainly didn't appreciate that it had such an enthusiastic following!

Thank you Cliff … Yes it is an interesting aircraft that served Canada and Belgium well. Ive always thought of it as Canadas answer to the later models of the Gloster Meteor. She’s a bit awkward looking with the tall undercarriage but still a decent fighter. I’ve added the tanks to this build as the last build had the wing-tip rocket pods. ogpNziV.jpg

enW4laU.jpg

YHU5ObE.jpg

xXxLCia.jpg

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 9

Nice work Dennis. We have one of these big beasts in Brussels War Museum. Sadly not many know it served (well) our country - even if not for long (1957-1964) due to the arrival of the Starfighter.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

Nice work Dennis. We have one of these big beasts in Brussels War Museum. Sadly not many know it served (well) our country - even if not for long (1957-1964) due to the arrival of the Starfighter.

Maybe not for long but it did its job, I know even the USAF considered these at one point but opted for the Canberra. 

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone … I finally fell asleep at about 6:00 am after working on several builds. I was able to get the black base for the aluminum on this during the session. I also did the satin coat on my F-100 build and did four of the five colors on my F-20/F-5 clone. 

cRTcPUA.jpg

wyw4IkE.jpg

Uk9nUWc.jpg

Q9pLGvY.jpg

Dennis

• Like 11

Looks good in black. It would make a good paint job for a prototype.😁 The story for your flap issue is the maintenance guys are try to figure out how the wing flaps came down without the centre section. Your model is therefore accurate!

Edited by Robin-42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Robin-42 said:

Looks good in black. It would make a good paint job for a prototype.😁 The story for your flap issue is the maintenance guys are try to figure out how the wing flaps came down without the centre section. Your model is therefore accurate!

I want to do three more of these a camouflage Canadian and Belgian, and an USAF WHIF build maybe even two. One each in NMF and All Black night fighter markings ? If someone did a back date kit for a Mk.3 or a mod to do the Mk.6 I would definitely consider those also. Hopefully I can attend the one local swap meet in November ? That will give me a chance at finding some more. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I want to do three more of these a camouflage Canadian and Belgian, and an USAF WHIF build maybe even two. One each in NMF and All Black night fighter markings ? If someone did a back date kit for a Mk.3 or a mod to do the Mk.6 I would definitely consider those also. Hopefully I can attend the one local swap meet in November ? That will give me a chance at finding some more. 

PM me, I may have something you may like

Tony

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zebra said:

Looks like the prototype scheme on the original, and Yes that would look good. 

25 minutes ago, zebra said:

I was there at the retirement airshow and also watched the last departure from North Bay. That aircraft was on display in Hamilton last time I checked. There is at least one more painted like that in Alberta.

• Like 1

Looking very good Dennis I think you're making a very nice job of a model that needs all the help it can get.

I'm surprised that the kits haven't been re-released by another manufacturer since. There are much rarer aircraft that get a second life.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Looking very good Dennis I think you're making a very nice job of a model that needs all the help it can get.

I'm surprised that the kits haven't been re-released by another manufacturer since. There are much rarer aircraft that get a second life.

Thank you, Id like to see them come back out, This will be decaled by Saturday as its just my busy life stopping me. . That or even a new tooling of the plane with a Mk.3 and Mk.6 which true was only a prototype but would look quite nice with four Sparrow missiles under the wings. Now If my memory is correct Academy owns the Hobbycraft molds. However its entirely possible these are either damaged, beyond use, or just lost ? Its possible @Robin-42 might know. 

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone … 99% of decals are on, just the nose gear door but guess who forgot to paint it ? 4mGZunH.jpg

oaLm3NO.jpg

ilPeOm0.jpg

vExjuan.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions or post comments. 

Dennis

• Like 10