IBG 1/35 Otter Armoured Car

robw_uk

Photos when I am next at home but I will build the IBG 1/35 Otter. Will be out the box, have a few references but none show them really heavily laden so going to hold off stowage (unless I find could images)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BKirwan said:

Is there any similarity between this kit and the Mirror Models kit of the same vehicle. 

I think so. Think the plastic is the same but where MM use resin IBG reached with plastic.... 

• Like 1

Skipped to step 8 (first 7 are wheels and then PE bending (will leave that until the PE is needed)9... Engine starting to take shape. Nothing will be visible but I like making and painting an engine (May see if one of the engine covers can be left open)

IMG-20220701-110410.jpg

IMG-20220701-110359.jpg

• Like 6

And now finished..... Found a few small additions to the interior (storage for the MG from the turret) and want to see if I can see how the AT rifle was stored when not in use, and then I can open the bonnet....

IMG-20220701-113543.jpg

• Like 5

Argh... Just found a part missing (looking at sprue it seems to never have been cast which is very odd). IBG contacted, on to next steps...

Chassis and axles done ... Need missing part before I can glue axles to chassis so moving on to next steps....

IMG-20220702-153057.jpg

IMG-20220702-153050.jpg

• Like 6

On to the turret, roof, gunners seat and interior. I have a nice schematic of the LHS wall showing MG an AT rifle fixtures so going to do a touch of scratch building (you should all know me by now, can't resist if the evidence is available). Will leave both doors open so should be able to see about of what I have done)...

IMG-20220702-172323.jpg

IMG-20220702-172307.jpg

IMG-20220702-172257.jpg

• Like 8

On 7/2/2022 at 5:31 PM, RaceAddict said:

Respect to anyone that can do that tiny PE stuff... I have yet to figure it out.

This PE isnt too bad actually, fairly simple bends

18 hours ago, 81-er said:

That's shaping up really nicely :)

James

Thanks ..

Ok so RHS wall underway. Just need the Boyes AT rifle bracket along the bottom then it's stalled until I confirm if missing part is coming. Will paint interior while I wait cos I think lining up the front is going to be a pain ...

IMG-20220703-181629.jpg

IMG-20220703-181621.jpg

• Like 10

Coming along nicely Rob. I have this in my stash, so will watch with interest. What is the part number you are missing? Thinking i should check mine.

It's a strange looking beast btw.

George

7 minutes ago, Geo1966 said:

Coming along nicely Rob. I have this in my stash, so will watch with interest. What is the part number you are missing? Thinking i should check mine.

It's a strange looking beast btw.

George

Cheers George, missing part A19

That's already starting to look pretty good. I've built a few IBG kits, I think they're good value for money and they usually built up well. But indeed, there's almost always a missing or half done part!

9 hours ago, robw_uk said:

missing part A19

Thanks for checking Rob. Mine is there thankfully, one less thing to worry about.

George

IBG have confirmed they can supply the missing part... dont think I will be around building for a while tho, still hoping to get this done by the end of the GB 

• Like 1