The Mandolorian and Grogu, 3D printed in 1/6

The Mandolorian and Grogu

Here is a new figure thet is finally finished. It's a big 3D print I don't know the scale but I guess it's aroung 1/6th.

Painted with all kinds of colours and washes and filters.
It is the first time I paint a figure this big and it took forever with layers upon layers to get the effects I wanted, I'm still a novis.

We start with Mando...

DSC_5643.jpg

DSC_5645.jpg

DSC_5647.jpg

DSC_5647.jpg

DSC_5651.jpg

DSC_5653.jpg

DSC_5655.jpg

DSC_5658.jpg

And Grogu

DSC_5661.jpg

DSC_5663.jpg

DSC_5665.jpg

DSC_5667.jpg

DSC_5669.jpg

DSC_5671.jpg

DSC_5673.jpg

DSC_5675.jpg

And together...This is The Way

DSC_5676.jpg

DSC_5627.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, colin said:

Brilliant painting skills, just one thing, the barrel looks a little bent on the rifle 😉

Thanks Colin :D it's my first 1/6 scale figure....many many many layers of paint :P

yeah I know....it snapped a few times on me, I dropped the finished figure once and the rifle shattered. 😕

2 minutes ago, Hook said:

Lovely work!

Thanks Hook :D

• Like 1

Fabulous, Jan. The textures and colours are great. The pose is full of action, I'm waiting for him to take the next step!

Grogu is fabulous too. Again the textures and colours are great.

I saw a badge on a Toyota the other day. Imagine the Toyota badge with large ears and the word Toyoda underneath!

38 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Fabulous, Jan. The textures and colours are great. The pose is full of action, I'm waiting for him to take the next step!

Grogu is fabulous too. Again the textures and colours are great.

I saw a badge on a Toyota the other day. Imagine the Toyota badge with large ears and the word Toyoda underneath!

Thanks Pete :D

I'm glad you noticed the different textures. I am very new to figure painting and try to find my own path. I have noticed that textures are pretty much the same on many figures, no matter how good they are painted. So I focused a lot on different textures on different materials....cloth should be flat and nonreflective while leather, depending on age and place should semigloss with flat areas and finally the armour and metal should be shiny and smooth.

I compensate my novis painting skills with the use of textures to make the figure come alive.

I succeeded with the photos too and mixed yellow and white light that made the figure pop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yg Models said:

nice 3d print quality and painting.

Thanks Yg Models  :D I can only take credit for the painting however :P