Airbus A-320NEO British Airways G-TTNK (Revell 1/144)

Hello dear colleagues!

Today I'm happy to show you my last finished project - Revell kit A-320NEO. It's the 3-rd of my 320-series "parade", and one more is in progress for today.

The progress of assemble you can find here.

Also I've done a short music video of main steps of building progress 😎 

And there is a really exciting coincidence that I've finished my build almost at the same day with another one BA-Revell 320NEO kit from @lomasca 😀

So what can I say about the kit? Really it's not bad at all - well in joining of parts, neat moulds (except of really bad main landing gears). But actually Zvezda 320s are better IMHO (and cheaper twice in MSK)))) But that's no doubt - I enjoyed building new Revell product - it's really well-done.

So about building:

First I've used dark-gray primer for inner parts to prevent translucency of fuselage under bright sunshine. Later all antennas were removed due to neat sanding of seams between parts of fuselage. 

The engines that are common to be difficult to paint in Revell kits A-320 doesn't seem too difficult for me. 

And there was the main task to remove the seam between transparent part and fuselage, that made me to use some Tamiya putty and some sanding paper. 

Painting

That was my first attempt to paint bi-colour livery... And what can I say - it wasn't fully successful. I've used some masking tape, but the border of colours that I've made first was incorrect: the border was rising up from wings to nose, though it's strictly parallel to ground on real plane. And the worst of all is that I've noticed that fail only during first photo-session of the model. So, that was a big choise 1) to drop-off the model to garbage (no-no, really NOOO - there is too much invested labor) - or 2) to remove all the paint and to give it new (and easier) livery or 3) to try to save the situation. I've chosen 3-rd way. So I've lost 1/3 of wonderful decals, BA logos over doors, and sanded nose part till the plastics. Then I've used plasticine masks to save remaining stencils (TNK over the windows for example), and painted once more with new borders of colour. In result it's not very well done, but it's sure better than first attempt.

And after all - that was a new problem to find decals for BA one more time. Red-blue strips and a lot of stencils were destroyed as well as front doors.

I had to purchase one more decal-sheet from Brazilian manufacturer. Though the decal was really thick, bad in applying, and the main thing that it was developed for early BA-320's with ethnic tails. So if today there is a logo of crown after BA stencil, that time there was no crown after it.

I've used Mr.Hobby H-1 for white colour, some mix of H-1 + dark-gray Tamiya for wings, MAKR aluminium for wings and stabilisers edges, MAKR royal-blue for bottom of fuselage (maybe it's really not the same as on prototype, but it's somewhere near IMHO

Also the out-of-box red part of decal isn'n enough - that made me to turn to my reserves and to cut a little pieces from Aeroflot red flag-colours (tail part) of decals. Otherwise decals are stunning, even I can say they are too detailed for 1/144 scale! I really enjoyed it, though I've spent half a day while applying it. 

Additions

Usually I am "out-of-box" builder, but this time poor realisation of main wheels made me to purchase resin wheels from "I-modelist" manufacturer. Really they look lovely for me and not too expensive. Also I've added beacons, lights on the edges of the wings, and applied masks from KV-models.

In place of conclusion:

Really - that's not the best one of my models, and I see a lot of disadvantages looking at it. But I really glad that it was enough of my patience to get this finished. And (to tell truth), I like it. I hope you'll enjoy watching this))) 

Criticism and remarks are welcome as usual!

Respects, tMikha.

y4mQiUa9rWd4R-U4PiqFuqrG-RPhOEdbIrFsOKgG

y4mNU_5gPUFPNip0f-yDeJvc13JMA049PTc37AgQ

y4men8IFdmK9aM-kn-mJkRt80qYkO2WhlSCRkEQ1

y4m319JqDJYdBG0ws8QYUpEVGGBnhvHB8OGFwWXl

y4mj8DvbB6rWeMFtzKC_hdyi5igys1QcXfC_zz7R

y4mQkS03CkzpBN16JmBZoc97Mjf1vvQpn29zFAe-

y4mUEser0bRQp95-81I90rnU-Yi9zadvs3zYoclB

y4mfY898-VX93KcHMIX8YQT90OSD0UM25Yjsyd1p

y4mnIv-ELPjk94ySTu9uVKlKZxpd29Cfx_qN_DMt

y4mum7ep1XoPJqX1M557QtAjETAiflc8nnVNCARo

y4mJ5aOaD3NQrqGLZas417Jt4msqsbNi5__tVauY

y4mvrIuOh58o2rGv4m3lgqwq77f1TAJbHeVvHKjP

Edited by tMikha
  • Like 19

• tMikha changed the title to Airbus A-320NEO British Airways G-TTNK (Revell 1/144)
5 hours ago, Luke1199 said:

Looks great, love the sky shots

Me too - couldn’t decide if they were the real thing or not.

Cracking model!👍

Graham

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrahamS said:

Me too - couldn’t decide if they were the real thing or not.

Cracking model!👍

Graham

Thank's! 

Just saw your WIP,which lead me here.👍

Despite the problems you had with the painting,the finished result is very nice.

I agree that the Zvezda A320NEO is the better kit.

I have a Revell NEO on my bench currently and there are a few problem areas,that were not on the Zvezda kit or on the Revell A321NEO.

Again,great work.

Now I am waiting for your next airliners

Alex

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Just saw your WIP,which lead me here.👍

Despite the problems you had with the painting,the finished result is very nice.

I agree that the Zvezda A320NEO is the better kit.

I have a Revell NEO on my bench currently and there are a few problem areas,that were not on the Zvezda kit or on the Revell A321NEO.

Again,great work.

Now I am waiting for your next airliners

Alex

Thank you for kind comment! This is first time I've tried with two-colours livery, and though it's not too nice-looking, but it was a very useful practice for next models.