Revell 1/28 Spad.

Hi folk's, these kits were "big present items" when I was a kid and always lost out to Airfix on Birthdays and Christmas.I built the Fokker

tri-plane a year or two ago and enjoyed the Experience so only yesterday noticed a blue boxing of this kit on e-bay I had never seen before

with decals for  Italian and Czech machines,took a punt and got it for would you believe £5.Photo's when it arrives and here's the Fokker.

20210102_140810

• Like 10

O boy - The SPAD! How I loved this model when I built it around 1968/69. I left the small cooling panels open - thought this looked very cool!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toryu said:

O boy - The SPAD! How I loved this model when I built it around 1968/69. I left the small cooling panels open - thought this looked very cool!

I'll get your advice on that when the time arrives Toryu.

Evening folk's.kit arrived today here's what turned up.

20220701_175640

The seller wasn't sure all was there but looking at his photo's it looked to be and it was.

20220701_175658

Had a clean up of the major part;s which were relatively flash free,it's a 1993 boxing but the kit is molds are over 60 years old now.

And how much fun can you have for a mere £5 !

20220701_181850

• Like 13

Great :)

got my hands on the Camel a while back, to replace the one my late dad built in the 70s. 

Even with the odd scale, they do make a nice substantial model once finished. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

For molds that old they do look good, looks like Italian and Russian markings ? 

I think Czeçh Dennis.

• Thanks 1

Hi folk's,first chance to catch up today we had a broadband outage Friday and yesterday a meal and drinks for my eldest's Birthday who couldn't be there

as the dreaded Covid struck on Thursday! Anyway started work on the engine and cockpit.

20220703_153148

Before spraying the interior added a few bits of evergreen strip just to take the bareness away.

20220703_154238

• Like 7

Hi folk's,for a kit it's age once the flash has been sorted you do get a great fit of parts,needs a touch of filler here and there but I've needed more on a good

few modern kits.this is about an hours work.

20220708_102926

20220708_102947

• Like 8

Great progress Steve! I loved this kit (and my assembled model of old). 1/28 is a wonderful size for the detail of WWI single-seaters, like 1/32 is for WWII.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's back from a week's break and ready to go,progress on the Spad with the interior and engine fitted.

20220717_105245

Shame it won't be seen but all hidden now.

20220717_112006

• Like 8

Evening folk's,work rota is 6-2 this week so as you can imagine due to the weather the loft is out of bounds till this heat wave is over,however the primer was an outside job

which went well really looking forward to get her colours on.

20220719_202404

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Evening folk's,work rota is 6-2 this week so as you can imagine due to the weather the loft is out of bounds till this heat wave is over,however the primer was an outside job

which went well really looking forward to get her colours on.

20220719_202404

Sorry to hear of the blast furnace sitting over western Europe and the UK. One benefit though is that the paint dries fast. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, John Ballman said:

Excellent work, thanks for sharing this.

JB

Thank's John,I've sprayed two coats of the underside colour tonight and probably need's another on to finish,hope tp update with a photo or two soon.

43 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's John,I've sprayed two coats of the underside colour tonight and probably need's another on to finish,hope tp update with a photo or two soon.

Hope it comes out wonderful. It's looking real superb Buddy

JB

• Like 1

Hi folk's,here's the underside base painted and tonight I got the upper green on,I've now to decide to do either the camoflage or all over green scheme

covering the Italian machines

20220722_192746

• Like 7

Hi folk's,top colour's done glossed and first of the decals applied they are very brittle so I'll seal them with gloss and the green on the aft of the rudder was

cut off I'll mix paint for that section and trim the red and white and touch in with paint.

20220724_213416

20220724_213429

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, John_W said:

Very nice, I built the Rickenbaker version in the late 70s. If I recall there were rings/holes in the struts for the rigging?

Many thank's John,sadly this one is on hold I went to do a bit of work on it and the decals have cracked and peeled which is a mystery

as they were sealed in with Gloss.

• Sad 1

That is disappointing to say the least. I have the SPAD in the stash as well. I pinched it off evilbay and when it arrived, there were 2 kits in one. WoooHoooo.

thumbnail_(98).jpeg?width=undefined&heig

I have decals if you need but not the ones you used.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Allan31 said:

I have decals if you need but not the ones you used.

Thank's anyway Allan for what I paid not a real big loss,still a nice kit though.

Sorry about the decals. When Revell decals go wrong, they don't mess about. I have a 1/72 FW190 where I used superglue as a decal setting solution!

It looks like a lovely kit though. At this scale it wouldn't be too hard to cut some masks for the roundels?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2