Best cheap stands for 1/144 airliners

Hi all, 

my 144 airliner collection is starting to resemble a boneyard in 2020. As such, i'm looking to buy a bunch of consistent stands, ideally with a small circular hole required in the model. I've been looking for Corgi aviaton archive stands but can't really find many available to purchase separate. Open to options, any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

I use paper spikes with the base filled with milliput and any old metal I can find. Airgun pellets work well. They are stable enough up to a 1.72 four motor plane as long as they are fitted at the point of balance. A hole drilled into the fuselage takes the spike as it is. I usually add a plastic tube into the fuselage for the spike to slot into. This keeps the upright part of the stand stable inside the plane.

I either leave the spikes in natural metal finish or spray them to suit the model.

Packs of the spikes can be had easily enough from the internet and don't break the bank.

IMG-9392.jpg

IMG-2309.jpg

• Like 1

I use cheap wooden plaques from the craft store and acrylic rod from Amazon. If the fuselage is hollow, I add a section of brass tube to accept the rod. Paint or stain the base, drill a hole in it for the rod, and cut the rod to whatever length you need to get the height you want. I use different lengths of rod so I can get several levels of “altitude” to squeeze more models into my limited display space.

I use a couple of different diameters of rod, but I can’t recall what they are. I’ll check this afternoon and update my post.

Ben