Thank you

Well everyone it's been a truly amazing group build.

Dave ( @Rabbit Leader) and I have been completely overwhelmed by the level of enthusiasm this GB has generated. 

I believe its the first time ever that every single kit offered by a manufacturer has been included in a single GB ( @Enzo Matrixwill correct me if I've boobed here) 

The number and diversity of builds has surpassed anything we have achieved in a GB before, and as for completions.....

Well your completions have been so successful (10 pages worth) that the forum software can't manage a poll.

I'm afraid it can only handle a maximum of 75 choices (72 with a "none of the above" option). 

There are 226 entries in the gallery so to quote our illustrious GB Leader "we don't have a catinell's chance...  " :rofl2:

Dave is currently slaving over his PC to get the final completion stats together, please be patient it's a herculean task :phew:

In the meantime can I congratulate you all on making this GB so special, it has been both an honour and privilege for Dave and I to have been your hosts.

However it's also been blooming knackering so I hope you don't mind but we will be giving the hosting duties a rest for a while and actually trying to build something ourselves  ! 

For those of you still to complete their builds I promise to stay with this GB and encourage completion :fight:  :wink: aren't you lucky !

Kindest regards Pat & Dave

• Like 24
  • Thanks 14

The Glastonbury of Group Builds! 

No need for a poll really, taking part was the important thing. That, and watching everyone else's builds come together. We certainly did Matchbox proud between ourselves.

Thanks again Pat and Dave, you made things easy for the rest of us.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yep, as @TonyW says, no poll is really necessary as it is the fun element that is most important thing (along with nostalgia of course) and the camaraderie (that was difficult to spell!) that is involved with this type of GB.

A huge THANK YOU to @JOCKNEY and @Rabbit Leader for this wonderful Group Build. I shudder to think what inspiration this has given you in all of your new-found free time at your respective benches.

All the best, and thanks too for everyone who has been involved with this GB,

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you indeed! This was again a case of a massive GB where the duties of our hard working hosts began months or even years before the actual build period began. Now: Pat, get yourself some cold (the way beer is drank in the rest of the world) Fosters and Dave pour yourself some Old Argyll (no ice, because you're in the middle of your chilly winter down there), lean back and enjoy!

But not for too long, though. When was it that you're going to run the Frog Squad II GB?  :winkgrin: V-P

• Thanks 1

So. Many. Builds!

Well done everyone. I only entered one build, but I still enjoyed the usual GB bonhomie. I admit I didn’t follow every build, and I haven’t been able to keep up with every gallery entry.

As to voting, it is traditional that classic GBs generally don’t have votes. This is usually down to the volume and variety of entries. I did give some thought to how a vote might be achieved, but I doubt it would work. My idea was that votes be cast for a winner in each "colour" category, followed by a run-off vote of the category winners.

An awful lot of admin and number crunching to achieve that, so probably best to not organise anything and simply bathe in the glory of a superb classic group build.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm already starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms!   

A brilliant Group Build, as we all know, and all down to the Herculean efforts of Dave and Pat :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Chapeu to Dave and Pat for running and this Group Build, even as a total newbie to one of these events I could tell that it was a biggun!

Thank you to you both. I think you've earnt the right to sit with your feet up and tipple of choice in hand, even if it's just until the next GB!

Cheers

Erik

• Thanks 1

Thanks for running this group build! Only one build from me, but pleased that my first GB was such an epic one! Loads of great models, and a hefty slice of nostalgia along the way. Right, time to join the "Revell-o-gram" group build!

• Thanks 1

2nd what has previously been mentioned, Cracking GB, Lovely Models, New live to old kits that I thought would never see the light of day and I got some reasonable models out of it too boot!

Still looking at a number of MB kits to make and I found a few more in the loft!! Arrgh!

Enjoy the rest and the OBE when it arrives. :)

Edited by George Norman
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @JOCKNEY and @Rabbit Leader for a well run GB. To cover every Matchbox tooling is truly remarkable so well done everyone for the contributions. As an Airfix diehard, I doubt that every original Airfix tooling would have been covered, and whilst there are fewer Matchbox tools, there are still quite a few rarities. I enjoyed my couple of builds, they brought back happy memories.

• Thanks 1

Well done to everyone who took part and obviously @Rabbit Leader and @JOCKNEY for tending the flock of addicts

I loved this, so many childhood memories, and many things I had completely forgotten.

I now have many more Matchbox (or Revell Matchbox) kits then wehn we started. Possibly not surprising since I only built one kit, 

Let's do it all again sometime :door:

/P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big thanks to Pat and Dave for being the genial hosts and keeping us all on some sort of track (which must have been difficult at times)

Also a big thank you must go out to everyone who entered and shared the build threads and pictures along the way, there were some great memories as I trolled through the pages of builds I had completed in my youth (none to the standards here I may add) 

Usually I struggle to finish a GB, but I actually completed 2 well within the time, even though the second one nearly got launched out of the window a few times due to it being one of the most awkward kits I've ever built, but with encouragement from all, I stuck with it as it was the only one in the build and I didn't want to let everyone else down. 

Cheers

Ian :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to both of you Pat and Dave for an astounding effort . Too all who joined well done. This been an enjoyable trip down memory lane . 

Martin H

• Thanks 1

It was great fun and thank you for organising it.

There we’re so many great builds that I don’t think I have the cognitive ability to pick a single winner, but that wasn’t the point, it was a wonderful piece of modelling nostalgia.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...