Sturmtiger "Drolshagen".

On 22/06/2022 at 22:08, Stef N. said:

The following Sturmtiger is something I've been working on for a while, based on photos from the excellent Panzerwrecks book, trying out new modelling and painting techniques, with a lot more etched than I was used to and some scratchbuilding. I used the excellent Tamiya kit as a base and added some Voyager and Aber extras, with some RFM tracks. I learned a lot, using influences from posters on here and youtubers, and although there is room for improvement, I am heading in the right direction modelling wise.

Β 

Tamiya and Mr Hobby paints, acrylic and lacquer used. I also used a lot of different mud enamel paints and had fun with pastels for low and highlights.

Β 

p?i=a151252ff160e4cf5b439f7b6ce0462f

Β 

p?i=b7e51bf3ccec3091a76da5f09ef12843

Β 

p?i=50393ee448681fd9f2f91019353e52e5

Β 

p?i=269ceeb3536d7630a85697406b99d8dc

Β 

p?i=0fd9dc2b7f921959f80b1087a351b2fb

Β 

p?i=4bfd5609394c50c7106862d6ea407228

Β 

p?i=f86e2a4dd9af6716acda7438736a9638

Β 

p?i=bcdde40f86acb5c13b4eea06d76f9187

Β 

Thanks all for viewing and good luck with all your projects.πŸ‘

Β 

Hello Stef

As always top model built - congratulations!
BTW: Drolshagen is not far from where I live-was the tank named after the town?

Β 

MD

Β 

spacer.png Β  Β  Β  Β Β  spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Cheers @BerndM @Nenad Ilijic and @THEscaleSHOW.πŸ‘

Β 

MD, Drolshagen (just up the road anyway) was where the Sturmi finally ended its war, being abandoned and taken over by the Americans. The next one I am working on is based on a Sturmi captured in Oberempt, near DΓΌren. Basically I am naming them after the towns they were captured (not technically accurate but no problem.)πŸ˜€πŸ‘

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I think you have managed to paint some 'heaviness' into this one. Very clever work.Β 

Β 

I noticed and liked the steely glint in the gun barrel.

Thanks Bertie. My photography skills didn't pick out the rifling as well as I'd liked but it is there. My first, major attempt at scratch building and it went reasonably well.πŸ‘

• Like 1

That's a nice Sturmtiger. I don't think enough are painted in plain Dunkelgelb, as this is. Really nice variations to the colour overall.......it's a colour scheme I intend to do more of in the future, as I've fallen into the trap on some projects to do a camp scheme........really nice job...:yes:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

That's a nice Sturmtiger. I don't think enough are painted in plain Dunkelgelb, as this is. Really nice variations to the colour overall.......it's a colour scheme I intend to do more of in the future, as I've fallen into the trap on some projects to do a camp scheme........really nice job...:yes:

Thanks Simon. I enjoyed having a big block of plain colour as a canvas. It's a good way to try out a few different things. I used a lot more pastels than usual. One day I'll give oil paints a good workout too.πŸ‘

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Nice job Stef. :yes:Β  I've got one of these - the AFV Club one IIRC.Β  They're a bit cool :coolio:

Cheers Mike. Yeah, they're cool and look like proper beasts on the shelf.πŸ˜€

• Like 1

How did i miss this one? Excellent work all round Stef, can't fault it.

Β 

George

Edited by Geo1966
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @mick and George @Geo1966. Nice one.πŸ‘

Β 

As always, thanks to all that popped in and had a look at my work and a big thanks for the likes and messages. It does mean a lot and very much appreciated.

Β 

Anyway, next is Sturmtiger part 2. Or maybe Stug part 2. Or a Corvette. Or.......

Β 

Cheers, Stef.πŸ‘

Hi Stef,

Β 

A nice brute, I love the tone of the color, even being unique, it looks great on the model. I really like it in general, with the details, like the messyly coiled tow cable... Maybe I'll do another one one of these days, because when I returned to the hobby, at the beginning, I made one of Italeri (an oldie), which included interior (although somewhat rudimentary, and too much for my ability then, so in the end, I left it closed), and I was about to leave it in sand, although in the end, I tried a tritone camo, and it wasn't too bad... After seeing yours, now I don't know what I would try...

I don't know if you saw it, if you're interested, give me a whistle and I'll give you a link.

Cheers and TC

Francis.πŸ‘

Edited by FrancisGL

Hi Stef,Β 

Here is the link, it is not as refined as yours, because I was catching up, but I think it can be useful for what you like to do, and what you don't like to do, I remember seeing countless photos of finished models before deciding what to do with the kit....

On the other hand, would you be kind enough to tell me how you make the modeler's name stand out and be interactive?....I can't get it to appear in "bold"...lol.
Cheers and TC
Francis,πŸ‘

Β 

To get the name in bold, start with the @ key, followed by the name of the poster and a list should appear. Click on the poster's name you want to interact with and it should pop up in bold. @FrancisGL πŸ‘

Β 

Thanks for the link mate, very nice indeed. Like your homemade zimmerit and battle damage. Very effective.That is the sort of colouring I will attempt, with big bands of green and brown camouflage. A little bit trickier but should be fun to try out.

• Thanks 1

On 28/06/2022 at 18:43, Stef N. said:

Cheers @BerndM @Nenad Ilijic and @THEscaleSHOW.πŸ‘

Β 

MD, Drolshagen (just up the road anyway) was where the Sturmi finally ended its war, being abandoned and taken over by the Americans. The next one I am working on is based on a Sturmi captured in Oberempt, near DΓΌren. Basically I am naming them after the towns they were captured (not technically accurate but no problem.)πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Cool idea!
I am curious about your next town 😁

• Haha 1