Sturmtiger "Drolshagen".

The following Sturmtiger is something I've been working on for a while, based on photos from the excellent Panzerwrecks book, trying out new modelling and painting techniques, with a lot more etched than I was used to and some scratchbuilding. I used the excellent Tamiya kit as a base and added some Voyager and Aber extras, with some RFM tracks. I learned a lot, using influences from posters on here and youtubers, and although there is room for improvement, I am heading in the right direction modelling wise.

Tamiya and Mr Hobby paints, acrylic and lacquer used. I also used a lot of different mud enamel paints and had fun with pastels for low and highlights.

p?i=a151252ff160e4cf5b439f7b6ce0462f

p?i=b7e51bf3ccec3091a76da5f09ef12843

p?i=50393ee448681fd9f2f91019353e52e5

p?i=269ceeb3536d7630a85697406b99d8dc

p?i=0fd9dc2b7f921959f80b1087a351b2fb

p?i=4bfd5609394c50c7106862d6ea407228

p?i=f86e2a4dd9af6716acda7438736a9638

p?i=bcdde40f86acb5c13b4eea06d76f9187

Thanks all for viewing and good luck with all your projects.👍

• Like 45

Terrific build! The weathering looks really good. Like the buckled fender -the driver must have lost his no claims bonus over that! :clap:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, echen said:

Terrific build! The weathering looks really good. Like the buckled fender -the driver must have lost his no claims bonus over that! :clap:

Sturmtiger for sale. 

One careful owner. 

Slight damage to the wing. 😀

Cheers echen. 👍

3 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Great work, Stef! Mud on wheels is very realistic . 

Ciao Filippo

Cheers Filippo. 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a wee cracker Stef. Great job on the build and the paint job. Nice work.

John.

Cheers John. A bit of a long winded build but an enjoyable one.👍

1 hour ago, StephMarb said:

Great work stef! The tracks and weathering look fantastic, and the busted up fender is a nice touch. How'd you get those wood blocks on the back to look so... wooden?

Thanks Steph. The wooden block is thanks to a tip from Steve (Metalpig) on the Tiger superthread. It's simply a bit of balsa,cut to the right size and carved into shape. Then stain it with different oil colours to get the right shade. Try not to get primer on it so it keeps its wooden texture.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, echen said:

Потрясающая сборка! Выветривание выглядит очень хорошо. Как и погнутое крыло - водитель, должно быть, потерял свой бонус за отсутствие претензий из-за этого! :хлопок:

Seconded

Vytautas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love it!  Your paint job and weathering are perfect; they make it look like a massive steel behemoth rather than a small plastic model.  Well done!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ErikT said:

I love it!  Your paint job and weathering are perfect; they make it look like a massive steel behemoth rather than a small plastic model.  Well done!

A very nice compliment, thank you.👍

Hi Stef, superb modelling!

Having a quick perusal of the armour section and I find your tremendous Sturmtiger, brilliant modelling. I really like what you've done with it, the paintwork,  weathering,  damaged fenders, finish on the tracks all top drawer, particularly like the wood effect on the jack block too.

If you don't mind me saying I think it's one of your best.

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Stef, superb modelling!

Having a quick perusal of the armour section and I find your tremendous Sturmtiger, brilliant modelling. I really like what you've done with it, the paintwork,  weathering,  damaged fenders, finish on the tracks all top drawer, particularly like the wood effect on the jack block too.

If you don't mind me saying I think it's one of your best.

Atb

Darryl 

Thank you very much Darryl. Not being big headed but I feel it is the best piece of work I have done so far. Instead of taking it easy I got out of my comfort zone, listened to, watched and implemented some great advice from you guys and other modelling legends. I took a few risks, learned from the mistakes and I feel it has paid off. Still more to learn and,with RFM's Sturmtiger on the bench, I can put more of what I have learned into practice.👍

• Like 1

Lovely work! It looks (relatively) clean but real -  not an easy thing to pull off. The cables look great, particularly the thicker one, which is bent the way cables really do rather than how we think they should. Excellent!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Model Mate said:

Lovely work! It looks (relatively) clean but real -  not an easy thing to pull off. The cables look great, particularly the thicker one, which is bent the way cables really do rather than how we think they should. Excellent!

Cheers Mate.👍 I enjoyed making them and the original photos were a massive help. They give you an idea of how heavy and unwieldy they were. I wasn't sure what colour the sleeves were. The photos just showed very dark colour so I couldn't decide if a they were painted and heavily used or just metal. I went with the latter obviously.

1 hour ago, kiwitrogg said:

With some large flat relatively flat panels and only one colour, this could have been a bit bland. But no, you've breathed life into it.

Well done. :goodjob:

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. I have a monstrous Jagdtiger in the stash so some of the tricks I've learned will come in very handy.👍