1/48 PAF JF-17 Thunder (First Post)

Hi all, so this is my first post here and first go at a 1/48 scale model. It's the Trumpeter JF-17 Thunder/FC-1 Xiaolong kit in the Pakistan Air Force scheme (no way I was trying the green/red scheme 😅).

It's carrying 3 fuel tanks, 2 x PL-12s and 2 x PL-5s.

Pretty good kit, no major issues- though I'm never a fan of creating my own holes for hardpoints and I'm still not completely used to using the photoetched parts. But nevertheless happy with the result and my 7th model complete. Thanks!

20220622_190352 20220622_190413 20220622_190430 20220622_190639

20220622_190459

• Like 26

Wow!  Very impressive.  I’m not familiar with the type, but there are F-16 similarities in the wings and horizontal stabilators. A hint of Gripen in the fuselage?

You have done it up well.  Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

It's apparently a Sino-Pakistan collaboration... made in Pakistan. 

Ah, well Pakistan has F-16s so...?  Not to say that China doesn't have a few now either.😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark V said:

Ah, well Pakistan has F-16s so...?  Not to say that China doesn't have a few now either.😉

Pakistan has F-16s for very very long.....

Them more got embargoed after their nuclear test, but in the late 2000s some block 52 were delivered, E.g to fight the taliban ....

There seems to be no proof of Pakistani  or actually any F-16 having ended up in China....

ANway , it's design is from the 1970s... should be very secretive by now.

Arguably though China got hold of considerable F-35 technology...which translated into the very similar doverterless intake design adopted  for Thinder and later J-10s....