Volkswagen Golf III, door(s) issue... any advice welcome!

JeroenS

I'll still be doing the coversion, my friend didn't want to spend what's basically another kit's worth. The Fujimi body is pretty well shaped, so no problem.

• Like 1

I'm a bit late to the party here but can I make a suggestion before the conversion goes too far?

I don't know about the Golf III but I can tell you that the Audi A3 (which shares a lot of parts and design with the Golf) produced both three and five-door variants and the wheelbases were significantly different.  There was nearly 300mm difference which if repeated in the Golf would throw your measurements out significantly.  Can I suggest you check the wheelbase measurements of both the three and five door variants and if different re-measure accordingly?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neddy said:

I'm a bit late to the party here but can I make a suggestion before the conversion goes too far?

I don't know about the Golf III but I can tell you that the Audi A3 (which shares a lot of parts and design with the Golf) produced both three and five-door variants and the wheelbases were significantly different.  There was nearly 300mm difference which if repeated in the Golf would throw your measurements out significantly.  Can I suggest you check the wheelbase measurements of both the three and five door variants and if different re-measure accordingly?

A good suggestion, and something I was planning on doing when measuring the real 3-door car. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Neddy said:

That’s a MQB platform, the old Mk3  chassis is exactly the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1