Monogram 1/48 P47 - First released 1967 - Finished!!

F9740-D08-9501-44-E2-B773-CA805089308-B.I’ve wanted to add a bubble top P47 to the collection for a long time. 

Bought from the Kingkit scrapyard  for £8.99 but missing the wing lower section, so I’ll have to make a replacement, no biggie.

6205-C3-E4-D314-4-EA5-9-B0-C-B487-A0-E73At the moment this is my preferred camo scheme. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 8

• Marklo changed the title to Monogram 1/48 P47 - First released 1967

Nice to see this one in the GB. I got this boxing in my stash but decided to rather redo my Wildcat. Looking forward to your build.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

missing the wing lower section, so I’ll have to make a replacement, no biggie.

I've a feeling that most of wouldn't expect anything else from you! I suggest that if the

even happens you sign up for a simple OOB build- that would be a zillion miles outside your comfort zone (I'm only jealous)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

85-D108-EC-B24-F-4-AA0-B110-7-D7-BF1-D6-Back to reality. Hopefully the last round of filler. If you’re wondering what the holes in the right wing are; the molding was sitting a bit high so I drilled it,  applied superglue through the holes, clamped it and voila a much better profile, of course this only worked because I glued  the wooden buck into the wing to give it a bit more structure.

• Like 3

Nice work!  Still have to fill that nasty seam in the wheel wells.  🙂

And your right about the first profile being the correct one.  Seems the lettering on the tail codes were black also, judging by the colors shown on the checkerboard.

spacer.png

Look forward to seeing her finished!

Gary

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Blimey! New wings? That's a bit mutch, Butch.

Well only halves of new wings and it did cost less than a tenner. Plus €2.50 worth of plastic and my time which is invaluable/valueless ( actually that’s a bit like quantum physics, hmmm)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Well only halves of new wings and it did cost less than a tenner. Plus €2.50 worth of plastic and my time which is invaluable/valueless ( actually that’s a bit like quantum physics, hmmm)

That's profound. Or maybe pro-lost?

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...