Monogram B58 - first released 1958

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats a pretty impressive looking schematic sheet, looks to be 1:1 with the kit ? 

It is pretty close, but probably a coincidence. The plan is downloaded from blueprints.com.

• Like 1

CBF7-A9-F8-7-DEB-47-D7-8-D15-CEDE93-C505A thin coat of Deck Tan a much better match for the undersurface colour  in SEA photos.

I have mislaid one if the engine pods, arrggghh so if it doesn’t surface soon I’m going to have to scratch a new one. I really really need to change my system ( or possibly establish one) as I always seem to loose at least one part on every build :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

I have mislaid one if the engine pods, arrggghh so if it doesn’t surface soon I’m going to have to scratch a new one. I really really need to change my system ( or possibly establish one) as I always seem to loose at least one part on every build :( 

Same here - I used to lose bits all the time. I use old takeaway containers with lids or ziplocks now to stop it happening. Of course you'll find it once a new one is scratched up. 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marklo said:

I always seem to loose at least one part on every build

Searching, masking, sanding - my three most favourite modelling themes (30% - 20% - 40% of my modelling time...)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Marklo said:

CBF7-A9-F8-7-DEB-47-D7-8-D15-CEDE93-C505A thin coat of Deck Tan a much better match for the undersurface colour  in SEA photos.

Little disposable plastic food tubs, cheap, stackable and you can tape or marker them. 

Well I found my missing engine. So full speed ahead and hopefully camo by the weekend. 

Since the B58, the F100 and the F5A are all in SEA camo, the plan is to progress them all so I can paint them together.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Allan31 said:

Great progress Marklo but I would be getting P47 and DVII bits on the B58....

Who says I haven’t …

EE3-D55-B5-FAFA-49-B5-93-B4-9-DBE7-C9566Some green NATO green to be specific. Lots of coats, unlike the F100 this needs to be a clean finish. Dark green tomorrow. I

• Like 4

E59-CAEBC-E66-C-4325-BC22-B4-B1-EDBC2-C4Some more progress. A bit more paintwork the gear doors and decals. I may give the whole thing a coat of clear satin as I want a fairly uniform finish to this one, quite unlike the F100 which I want a bit scruffy.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

734-CC7-E9-64-F0-4335-8-BBD-523240-CE705A bit more detail paint and the wheels added. 

The color’s are looking real good on this. Are you going for SEA or the similar SIOP Strategic scheme ? The colors look to be SIOP. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The color’s are looking real good on this. Are you going for SEA or the similar SIOP Strategic scheme ? The colors look to be SIOP. 

No idea I’m kind of sort of following the photos :) 

• Like 1