1/48 Monogram Martin Marauder (M³)

Wow this came around quickly!

Hoping I can actually finish a model for a groupbuild this time, my current score is 0/3 this year 😔

Will be ready to roll on 25th!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome along sir, remember the rule of thumb its not about the finish. Its more about the fun along the path getting there. 

Yes I very much appreciate that clause in the GB rules, it needs saying!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry to have neglected both the GB and my own build...my new job has been incredibly hectic for well over a month and modelling opportunities extremely scarce 

Hope to get this started over the weekend!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Sorry to have neglected both the GB and my own build...my new job has been incredibly hectic for well over a month and modelling opportunities extremely scarce 

Hope to get this started over the weekend!

No worries Alan, we understand real life is #1. Plastic doesn't expire and there is no penalty for not finishing a build. In the end its all about fun. After a hectic day modeling is probably not the first choice. 

• Thanks 1

It's been so long since I posted any photos I'd almost forgotten how to do it!

Pretty sure you don't need reminding what this well-known kit contains and I've left you waiting long enough, so let's just crack on!

tn_B26 (3)

I'm using the Big Ed set for this. so lots of PE will be involved.

tn_B26 (4)

There are some great enhancements for the old kit. Should look very interesting as there's enough glazing to see some detail throughout the aircraft.

tn_B26 (5)

The seats are mighty fiddly! I will be posing this in flight to avoid the shenanigans with the nose weight so I also need to make space for the pilot/crew. I hope to be able to provide a pilot, bombardier and a couple of gunners from the kit figures and plenty of old Monogram spares, so it will meet the requirements of the GB!

Really enjoyed this start, the kit is classic old Monogram, very well presented and engineered.

All the best,

Alan

• Like 5

Cool! A B-26.Another classic I wish they would re-issue. If but to lower the price on the old kits which are eye watering. Looks really nice so far Alan. I know it'll be jaw dropping when finished.

• Thanks 1