Revell 1/144 Airbus A320neo British Airways

Latest project done. Key takeaways...

- I had high expectations for the fit based on reviews I have read elsewhere. This was true with the Exception of the fuselage, which had a step, gaps and was a bit of a dog! 

- Love the decal sheet, lots of detail for an OOB build. If you use the BA tail decals, have the red paint on standby to fill the gaps. 

- This was my first go at using the clear windscreen instead of the decals from AA. Not perfect but happy as a first try. I used the one piece stencil rather than the individual window stencils from AA, as these seemed to small on the Revell' windscreen (might be better for Zvezda?)

Painted with a mix of Humbrol and Plastikote spray cans and Humbrol acrylics. Decals OOB and windows by Authentic Airliners. 

Feedback and tips welcome

Chris 

PXL_20220621_202842902 PSX_20220621_213725 PSX_20220621_214024

PXL_20220621_203030552.MP

PXL_20220621_203134668

PXL_20220621_203047441

I

• Like 27

7 hours ago, Bell209 said:

Very nice! Painting the inside of the engine intakes must've been a challenge to mask?

Thank you, and yes it was tricky. I used a humbrol pale green 'vomit' colour that I usually use for wheel wells. Tamiya taped them whilst still in two halves and neatened up with the brush once together.

• Thanks 1

Well done, enjoyed watching the model! It's an interesting coincidence - I've finished the same one 320NEO BA just yesterday 😀 (But in lack of time to make good photo-session for it)

And also I had the same problems as well - on the tail I've used some decals from my reserves in place of painting. 

You have made straight and correct border of colours on the front part, but that was my biggest fail that made me repaint 1/3 of the model.

And BTW one little thing that caught my eye: on the right side BA stencil moved left. Symbol of BA doesn't cover emergency door on the prototype. 

Respects, tMikha.

Edited by tMikha
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, tMikha said:

Well done, enjoyed watching the model! It's an interesting coincidence - I've finished the same one 320NEO BA just yesterday 😀 (But in lack of time to make good photo-session for it)

And also I had the same problems as well - on the tail I've used some decals from my reserves in place of painting. 

You have made straight and correct border of colours on the front part, but that was my biggest fail that made me repaint 1/3 of the model.

And BTW one little thing that caught my eye: on the right side BA stencil moved left. Symbol of BA doesn't cover emergency door on the prototype. 

Respects, tMikha.

Ah sounds like similar problems then, look forward to seeing your build! And good spot on the emergency exit!

5 minutes ago, Crown Rn7 said:

Very well done, building airliners is a unique talent..

Thank you! Very kind of you to say

• Like 1