MiG-21's, a PF and MF, Eduard 72nd

The only upside of having covid (quite mild thankfully) recently and staying out of everyone's way was getting some aircraft modelling done. There's been plenty written about these kits so no point repeating things my only comment being I found them a bit fiddly in places but otherwise a nice kit. As for the plane itself always thought the PF/PFM sharper than the slightly bloated looking MF. The Bulgarian PF is one of the few attempts at NMF I've done recently and is a mix of Tamiya and Mr Hobby and while it's far from comprehensive I'm content with the result. The MF is my interpretation of the Egyptian "Nile" scheme which I've always liked which was also Tamiya and Mr Hobby with a home brewed light green. Used  a MIG wash for the first time on both and was very impressed.

Apologies for the iffy photography.

Thanks for looking, Stu

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 41

Eduard has given you a nice base to work from, and you have produced two very nice Migs. The NMF is really good, but the 'Nile' scheme takes it for me; 'bloated' MF or not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, airdaniel said:

(The PF is belongs to the Romanian Air Force, not the Bulgarian one.🙂)

Aah, thanks, I find the Romanian/Bulgarian/Hungarian markings of the Soviet era confusing 😞

Cheers

Stu

3 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

I like the Romanian PF especially, did those decals come with the kit?

Thanks, and no they didn't, they came out the spares box and think it was  originally from an Eduard MiG 15 sheet

Cheers

Stu