Sud-Ouest Triton

John R

France's first jet first flew with an air intake in the nose feeding a Junkers Jumo engine but the performance was unsatisfactory and subsequent versions used a Nene with 'elephant ear' intakes ahead of the wing.

I would like to make a model of it in its original form by modifying the Mach 2 kit but have only been able to find one picture of it in that form and it does not give a good view of the intake which has been described as a 'shark mouth'.

Could anybody please direct me to any pictures or drawings that show the intake? I could ,of course, just cobble something up and nobody could tell mme it was wrong!

John

I put this query on the Secret Projects forum and someone came up with this which answers my original question

p?i=da8c0031b7d666ec22c9f6ba57937c49

Unfortunately I have uncovered another problem. The only picture I had previously found is the one below which was very dark. On lightening it with Photoshop I saw many rectangular marks which I can only assume are louvres acting as a supplememtary air intake. Was it built like that or were they added later?
I am also confused as I believed from what I had read that only the first prototype had a nose intake but now it appears that there were several different configurations.

p?i=3ea9d43a6bc18e5ab83c40d1119545f4

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you. I have recently seen and photgraphed it myself but it was the original version in which I was most interested.

John