Revell Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 1/25

Thanks all,

I brought this kit as the 'dear lady' likes these Jeeps. 

Spiny, the kit was made by Revell and there were not too many parts. I have not made a model kit for quite a few years, and the very few minor issues I had during the build were all self-inflected😀.

This was also the first time for me using an airbrush, which I think seemed to go ok given it is a cheap china version. I used a gloss black primer as a base for the bodywork as the research I did on these colour changing effect paints suggested that approach. By changing the angle of light the paint really does change colour by eye, but the camera simply does seem to pick that up which is a shame but that could also be down to my lack photography skills.

Thanks looking along with the comments, and I look forward to starting my next model which is likely to be a Tamiya motorbike. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottydog said:

Thanks all,

I brought this kit as the 'dear lady' likes these Jeeps. 

Spiny, the kit was made by Revell and there were not too many parts. I have not made a model kit for quite a few years, and the very few minor issues I had during the build were all self-inflected😀.

This was also the first time for me using an airbrush, which I think seemed to go ok given it is a cheap china version. I used a gloss black primer as a base for the bodywork as the research I did on these colour changing effect paints suggested that approach. By changing the angle of light the paint really does change colour by eye, but the camera simply does seem to pick that up which is a shame but that could also be down to my lack photography skills.

Thanks looking along with the comments, and I look forward to starting my next model which is likely to be a Tamiya motorbike. 

Well I certainly wouldn't have guessed it was the first build back after a long break - good work on it. And your airbrushing skills definitely seem ahead of mine - if there's one tool I hate in this hobby it;s the airbrush...

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:50 PM, dnl42 said:

When you're off-roading, everything gets covered in dust.

Not in the UK! When you go off-roading here, everything gets covered in mud! :)

Cheers,

Alan.

• Haha 3