Hobbyboss F105 G COLOURS CALLOUT

asgardiano

hi all need help i have the 1/48 hobbyboss 105 G and the camouflage version state the belly should be silver but i thought the the 105 used the standard fs36 622 if i'm not wrong which one is the correct? also the wells wheels are including the gears legs all white is that correct thanks for your help

If it's the Vietnam era Camouflaged F105G the underside should be light gray not silver. I believe that the gear and bays were white. 

I believe there were some Fs produced in overall silver. I don't recall seeing any Gs in anything but standard SEA colors 

Edited by Mycapt65

On 6/20/2022 at 8:05 PM, asgardiano said:

hi all need help i have the 1/48 hobbyboss 105 G and the camouflage version state the belly should be silver but i thought the the 105 used the standard fs36 622 if i'm not wrong which one is the correct? also the wells wheels are including the gears legs all white is that correct thanks for your help

FS36622 is correct for the underside. Here are some shots of a few G model 105's taken at Cannon AFB Clovis New Mexico in the mid 80's. It still maintains the SEA camouflage. Note is the left main gear door with what appears to be a very dirty aluminum paint color interior. Unit from the Georgia ANG

IMG_0069 IMG_0070 IMG_0066

Next few are a D model from the Air Force Reserve unit Carswell AFB Fort Worth Texas. These are of the wheel wells.

F-105D-TH-60-0527-LtMainWell F-105D-TH-60-0527-RtMainActuator F-105D-TH-60-0527-NoseGearWell

These last few from the USAF Museum Dayton Ohio. Summer 2019

IMG_3260 IMG_3259 IMG_3256

Hope these help.

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

Edited by f111guru
add number
  • Like 3

Completely forgot all about this one. Taken with a brownie instamatic 110 camera September 1972 Udorn RTAFB Thailand.

F-105G-561stUdornFoxArea

Image got water damaged and lost nearly all the negative from the previous photos taken......Ron

On 6/21/2022 at 4:23 AM, Mycapt65 said:

If it's the Vietnam era Camouflaged F105G the underside should be light gray not silver. I believe that the gear and bays were white. 

I believe there were some Fs produced in overall silver. I don't recall seeing any Gs in anything but standard SEA colors 

Actually all Fs entered service in silver: the camouflage started being introduced in Summer 1965, a few months after the last F-105F (and last F-105 of all variants) left the production line in January

2 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Actually all Fs entered service in silver: the camouflage started being introduced in Summer 1965, a few months after the last F-105F (and last F-105 of all variants) left the production line in January

grazie Giorgio !!!

3 hours ago, f111guru said:

Completely forgot all about this one. Taken with a brownie instamatic 110 camera September 1972 Udorn RTAFB Thailand.

F-105G-561stUdornFoxArea

Image got water damaged and lost nearly all the negative from the previous photos taken......Ron

ohhhh what a photo !!!! thanks