Rooms available for anyone traveling to the Portland, Oregon area.

Mark V

I’ve been actively looking and posting on Britmodeller for a while now. I’ve never gone to the bottom of the home page before. 

Well, as the title says, I’ve got rooms available to Britmodeller mates that are interested in touring the Pacific Northwest of the USA. It’s just the wife and I in a giant 4 bedroom house near Portland, Oregon. I don’t work so I’m available as a tour guide or chauffeur as required. Or just a lodging host. 

In the area is the Evergreen Air and Space Museum, featuring the Hughes “Spruce Goose” and many unique aircraft and some space vehicles and missiles. The Seattle/Boeing Museum of Flight is only a 3 hour drive to the north. (Added bonus is the excellent Skyway Hobbies nearby the MoF)

An added bonus are a multitude of wineries and breweries within an hour of our house. Of course coffee is available on any street corner, almost. I don’t drink it myself, but my wife lives for it. 

The wife and I are looking at a UK tour next year, 2023, and I thought I would reach out to the Britmodeller group for lodging recommendations outside of London. My wife has a friend near Nottingham and we plan on spending some time in that area. We also love the Brit TV shows like “Last Tango in Halifax”, “Broadchurch”, and many/any mystery and crime shows as well as “Escape to the Country”. 

When I was in the US Air Force in the 1980’s I did a few cross country flights to Lakenheath, Upper Heyford, Bentwaters, Leuchars, and a month at RAF Sculthorpe. I loved visiting the UK.

I’ll reach out again next spring when my plans firm up. We went to Germany in 2019 and covid screwed up our 2020 and 2021 plans. Airlines prices are ridiculous right now so hopefully next year we can try again. My wife plans on retirement next June (2023), so we’ll see how that works out.