Anyone ever order from Shuangmiuv.shop?

Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy

They have some resin aftermarket I've been looking for, so they say...but I can't find a thing about them.  Prices are posted in CA $, assuming Canada?

Hope this would be the appropriate place to post this; if not, apologies! 

1 hour ago, JackG said:

I live in Canada, never heard of them.   In fact, my google search gives nothing, nor do I find an ebay seller by that name.

I know, couldn't find anything on Google either.

But here they are, supposedly: 

https://www.shuangmiuv.shop/models-kits-c-1412_2003.htm

Tried the posted link, and it just jumps to server not found.  I'd say it's either a defunct site, or some shady business from the other side of the world.   I've found similar sites before, and when you click the homepage, it shows they sell fashion cloths too.

• Like 1

I would agree with Jack's assessment.  I get the same "This site can't be reached" message.

There are many such "shady" websites that pop up all the time - long enough to catch the unwary and then poof they are gone.  I have stumbled across a few during some searches, too good to be true and after a bit of research they revealed their true "shady" nature.

cheers, Graham

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

I would agree with Jack's assessment.  I get the same "This site can't be reached" message.

There are many such "shady" websites that pop up all the time - long enough to catch the unwary and then poof they are gone.  I have stumbled across a few during some searches, too good to be true and after a bit of research they revealed their true "shady" nature.

cheers, Graham

I can't help but feel this is one such. Somehow, sites like this can detect a search & appear to have the goods. I very nearly got bitten a few years ago by a site that showed decals I could find nowhere else, took my payment, stupidly I had used credit card when it wouldn't take a debit card & then took two payments, by the time they showed I had smelt a rat, cancelled the card & low & behold, my website had disappeared. Don't ask me how they do it but I'd be very wary of this one too. Your link is the same for me as for Jack & Graham. I did get my payments refunded.  😥

Steve.

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

, stupidly I had used credit card when it wouldn't take a debit card

Perhaps not so stupid - I think you have better fraud protection with a credit card than a debit.

• Like 4