Jagdpanther service 1945

f matthews

I am building a Vespid 1/72 Jagdpanther late G1.  The paint and marking scheme I’m using from the instructions is supposedly from 25 Pz. Div. March 1945, Czechoslovakia.  I can’t find any photos of this vehicle online or any reference to Jagdpanthers with 25 Pz. Div.  

Does anyone have confirmation that that unit fielded Jagdpanthers?  I’m assuming Vespid got their info from somewhere-and it’s the cover art picture.  The markings are not like most JPs I’ve seen before.

Any ideas or info out there?  Thanks in advance.

52161245431_0beb65d2dc_b.jpg

Hi, 

There are a series of photos of abandoned late war Pz, and SPW etc taken at a railway station at Znojmo, Czechoslovakia, sort of north of Vienna and south west of Brno, This Pz.Rgt.9 JP was part of this. From memory Panzerwrecks 2 had some but not all of the photos taken, Canfora publications had some other views.

So, if you Google "Panzer Znojmo" you just might find your JP in the images :)

Edited by Tigerausfb

Thanks!  I was able to locate two pics of “143”, but will keep looking for “144”.  I like to build actual vehicles, or close to a real one as possible wherever I can, so this confirmed that 25th PzDiv had at least two JPs.  

• 4 weeks later...