Airfix new 1/48 hurricane

watsopd

You would need to start with a Mk II kit (the Airfix is a Mk I - different engine/shorter nose). As far as I know, only Hasegawa, OOP Hobbycraft, and the 1960's vintage Monogram did a Mk II in 1/48.

Hasegawa does a Mk IId 'can opener', kit HURRICANE MK IId, kit # 09052, (JT52).

It shows up on Ebay occasionally.

Hasegawa Mk IId

31 minutes ago, Tail-Dragon said:

You would need to start with a Mk II kit (the Airfix is a Mk I - different engine/shorter nose). As far as I know, only Hasegawa, OOP Hobbycraft, and the 1960's vintage Monogram did a Mk II in 1/48.

Hasegawa does a Mk IId 'can opener', kit HURRICANE MK IId, kit # 09052, (JT52).

It shows up on Ebay occasionally.

Hasegawa Mk IId

it's on there now:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/354097468174?hash=item5271da930e:g:k-UAAOSwDntinmwQ

1 hour ago, watsopd said:

Just purchased this kit, I am looking to convert to tank buster aircraft mounting two 40mm canon, does anybody know where resin 40mm canon can be obtained from.

A lot of work if you want an accurate model.   

Longer nose,  deeper radiator,  different spinner, exhaust stacks, tailwheel, trop filter,  wing panelling, before you get to finding the gun pods (they are an option in both the Hobbycraft and Monogram kits,  both long OOP though) 

Late IID's also have some added external armour.

If accuracy is your thing, wait, as Arma Hobby have a new  tool IIC kit due out,  and it will be a lot easier to convert that.   I expect someone will do a conversion.

This shows the nose stretch

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235077619-airfix-hurricane-iia-in-148th-gaffa-tape-here-we-come/ 

before you get to any other details..  

If you can't wait, then you can do a lot of work converting and scratchbuilding, or hunt down a Hasegawa IIC kit, (though most don't have the trop filter, and it's not the same as the Mk.I)   the IID kits are one of the rarer  boxings..

If you want any clarifications ask away...

3 minutes ago, ilj said:

it's on there now:

In Canada.... postage and possible customs fees are likely to make this a very expensive proposition as the OP is in UK.... 

Many thanks for all your replies, not so straight forward as I thought, I will look into all suggestions and decide what direction I will take. Once again many thanks for all your thoughts and ideas.

If you still want to do a desert Hurricane (though not an anti-tank one), the Airfix kit comes with a tropical filter (part 14, 15). You could do something like this ...

Image4

'Woody' Woodword, 33 Sqdn

• Like 5