Revell 1/25 Mercedes-Benz 1628s #3: DNF

And here's build #3, also from a 1982 reboxing according to Scalemates. 

20220620214711-e0775093-me.jpg

The box has some damage but the contents are fine. This is actually the version I've built before, and converted into a 6x4 hookloader. 

20200531204604-e91fdff3-me.jpg

With a bin. 

20200531204605-03da0f1f-me.jpg

This was my first truck build, first conversion, first kit bash (the chassis' rear end is from a Volvo F12), first resin (KFS axles, mudguards and wheels), first scratch building project. I didn't really have a clue what I was doing but I learned a lot about trucks from this build and realized that this is the thing for me. 

Anyway, build #3 will be, as the title says, a short wheelbase tanker. I love short, compact trucks and this kit is ideal for that. I don't think I'll even extend the chassis for the tanker.  

I realize I could have made it easier for myself by just starting one build but by putting them all out there I've made sure there's a bit of pressure on!

And I'm sure our GB moderator will be proud when I BUILD THEM ALL!!! 

• Like 11

14 hours ago, TonyW said:

That model could quite easily pass for the real thing, I'm looking forward to all three of your builds.

I can only echo Tony's words.

• Like 1

Right... build #3 has all the tedious parts separated from the sprues as well! 

20220625072429-6f7b9e9d-me.jpg

These older kits really build up quite well, kit makers weren't focused on excessive parts count back then. Sprues are half empty already!

• Like 2

OK so there's the box with parts for this build. I won't be needing them for a while but I'm glad it's done. 

20220625175924-48277f1e-me.jpg

I didn't notice this when I built this kit for the first time a couple of years ago, because I didn't use the kit axle, but there's some nice texture on the rear axle. 

20220625175924-a8c6566a-me.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

OK so there's the box with parts for this build. I won't be needing them for a while but I'm glad it's done. 

Just checking that you know this isn't a blitzbuild? 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Just checking that you know this isn't a blitzbuild? 😉

I just wanted to get this over with! Glueing 2 parts together to make 1... tedious!

But I could actually build one of these, OOB, in a Blitz Build, no problem 🙂 

• Like 1

• JeroenS changed the title to Revell 1/25 Mercedes-Benz 1628s #3: DNF

OK guys, I knew beforehand that building 3 of these trucks in one GB would be ambitious, so I'm not surprised I'm not going to be able to start this one. At least I have all the boring stuff already done, I'll be starting a regular WIP for it in the Vehicle section when the GB ends.  In the meantime, I'm focussing on finishing the #2 Low Loader build in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1