Marauder Mk.II, SAAF 24 squadron, Hasegawa 1/72

Super looking Marauder:like:. That Frog box brings back memories. I remember being surprised at the colour of the plastic, it was the first model I had made that was sand colour straight from the box.

Pete

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your nice words, I’m glad you like my Marauder.

Martin (Lightningboy), the clear prop is a part of the Hasegawa kit. As the front U/C leg is in scale I didn’t want to add any weight to the model nose.

And yes I still remember the Frog Marauder thin legs - the model kept shaking like an expensive dog.

20 hours ago, Marcel said:

Many years ago - as a kid - I built a Frog Marauder:

spacer.png

As I didn’t have the paints required I had to do the French version - but in fact it was the SAAF Marauder I preferred. So 45 years later here it is: I used the Hasegawa B-26C kit with Eduard PE interior set and resin wheels. The serial and "L" are Frog decals, the insignias are from an Xtradecal sheet. All paints are Gunze, weathered with Tamiya weathering sets, a Karisma color silver pencil and AK washes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well done withe an old kit.

Alain

• Thanks 1

A superb job! Thank you for sharing.

I made an Airfix 1/72 Marauder in the mid-1970s. One of the few bombers I have made but I have fond memories of the kit (I can still "see it " hanging on fishing line from my bedroom ceiling!)

All the best 

Peter